Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Traditions and other funsies

When I think about why I love the holidays so much, I think it is because of the traditions.  I love that we have certain things to look forward to every year.  It's so funny that the kids are adamant about not changing what we do and how we do it. I grew up with certain traditions and then implemented them in my own home with my kids.  I have a feeling some of these will carry on when they have their own families.


I wrote a whole post last year about some of our traditions like how we do stockings, when/how we open gifts and getting new p.j.'s.  If you are interested, you can go back in time and read it by clicking here.

Another tradition from my childhood that we still do is the 12-days of Christmas.  My mom still does this for all the grand kids and great grand kids. I wrote about our 12-days of Christmas Tradition here.

I wrote about our Family Yearbook Tradition here.

I wrote about last year's Favorite Things Party here. I will post how this year's Party unfolds coming soon.

If you have time, I hope you will enjoy clicking through those old posts.

I was clicking around on the internet reading about traditions some other people have implemented

- Make some hot cocoa and drive around to see the Christmas lights.

- Watch Christmas movies together.

- Put together a shoe box for donation or support a charity that supplies gifts for families.

- Have a night for kids to sleep under the tree (don't make this Christmas Eve....that makes things too hard on Santa) or just do what we do and put a tree in every bedroom but we only sleep with the tree lights turned on Christmas Eve.

- Buy a special ornament for everyone each year. This would actually be a good name drawing idea for the family.  You could draw names and exchange ornaments on Christmas Eve.

- Do an Elf on the Shelf......do not enter into this one lightly.  Like honestly if I were going to do this I would start in January scripting my Elf adventures and gathering my supplies so it would just be a matter of executing come Christmas season.  The Elf is a lot of work.

Whatever you plan for the season, just remember to chill out, enjoy your family and friends and don't take yourself or your Christmas execution too seriously.  After all, it is certainly not about any of that.

Do fun things, girls, and then tell me all about it.  I would love to hear what you have planned for this season.

Meet me back here on Friday and let's take a little tour of several homes and how they have decorated for Christmas.

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment