Friday, December 15, 2017

A Favorite Things Party

I love to have friends over to hang out, laugh a ridiculous amount, eat food and why not exchange gifts too.  A couple of years ago we did a scarf exchange.  But last year we did a Favorite Things Party and it was a big hit.  Here is how this year's party came together

First of all, you simply ask each person to bring 3 of their favorite things.  No category.  Just anything they really like.  We had food products, make-up products, bath products, kitchen stuff.....you name it.  Everyone wraps their three items individually.

I made a simple little 4 question sheet for each guest to write some of their favorite things. We each listed our favorite Christmas movie, tradition, food and song. 

We placed them all in a basket.

We then placed each guest's name in another basket 3 times.

We randomly selected a sheet of questions and read the answers.  We all tried to guess whose sheet it was by the answers given.  This is especially helpful if you have people in the group who don't know each other well.  It is a great icebreaker and helps everyone learn a little about the other folks in attendance.  Finally, someone owns up to that being their sheet and they draw 3 names out of the other basket.  To those 3 people they present their favorite items.  And we worked our way through until everyone had presented and received 3 new favorite things

I ended up with 3 very nice new favorite things:


I got a spin spa, some great stress relief bubble bath and some warm slipper socks.


As everyone arrived I had a cute little craft set up for them to complete.  I bought clear plastic ornaments and dropped in some acrylic paint with a couple of drops of water to make them white.  Then we tied a string  on for a hanger, used a sock to make the hat and drew on a face with sharpies.  You know the drill, I found this on Pinterest and have it pinned there on the Christmas Craft Board.  I made a few small modifications.  I used plastic ornaments rather than glass and I painted the entire ornament white.  I could not get the paint to smooth evenly and just do half of it. But I think it still worked out.  I pre-painted all the ornaments so the party guest essentially just had to decorate.  I had little stickers to apply to the back of each ornament so we could remember whose was whose at the end of the night.  If you decide you want to do this craft, I would definitely try to find some ornaments that are already white, that whole painting them took me a solid week.  I worked on them each night for about an hour so finding some ready to go would be a definite plus.

Look at how cute they all turned out.




Next the food.  I know some people ask each party guest to bring something.  Perfectly acceptable and you definitely get a good variety that way.  I prefer to provide the food.  Only because I don't get to host these girls very often and so this is just kind of my little gift to them.
We had a spinach dip with pita chips, a spicy ranch dip with tortillas, roastbeef sliders, smokies wrapped in bacon and several sweets.

We also played a little game.  I took the song My Favorite Things sung by Julie Andrews and made a fill in the blank game.  Those with the most correct answers filled into the blanks won a prize.


Next, I prepared a little bag for each girl.  This way they all had a place to gather all their goodies to take home at the end of the night.

I just made simple little name tag and tied them to each bag.  Here are all the bags lined up at the beginning of the evening waiting to be filled and carried home.

It was such a fun night.  It is difficult to find an evening that everyone is available to come so we were definitely missing a few of our favorite people but a fun night still.

Don't forget the giveaway that is still open.....make sure you enter
Giveaway #2

I hope you have a great weekend, finish your shopping and prepare to rest and enjoy the holiday.

Meet you back here on Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Such a neat idea with all the little details! I shared this idea with friends who thought it was so neat. Great ideas, Rhega!

    ReplyDelete