Friday, December 22, 2017

The True Meaning.....

So, yes, I spend a lot of time talking here about shopping and sales and in general buying things.  And I have spent several weeks talking about buying gifts and wrapping gifts and giving gifts.  But I hope you all know that while I do truly enjoy all of that...no denial there, the miracle of this season and what we truly celebrate is by no means lost on me and my family.  It is quite a lot to comprehend.  It is so amazing and awesome that it can literally take my breath away.

Of course, we celebrate the birth of Christ at this time.  The birth of our Savior.  The birth of our one and only opportunity for an abundant, forgiven, reconciled and eternal life.  It is more than I can put into words here.  It is more than I get my brain to fully wrap around.  I am so grateful for the blessing that God has afforded us through the birth of His Son here on earth.  It is quite the reminder of God's perfect plan and my need to trust in His timing.  It amazes me that God through the birth of Christ set into motion an irreversible way for me to have salvation.....yet it was not immediate.  Christ would be born and walk this earth for over 30 years before paying the ultimate price to secure my salvation and yours.  It was not immediate because there was work to be done..... but it was perfect.  This reminds me and hopefully reminds you that whatever it is we are praying for, waiting for, hoping for can be accomplished through our faith in Christ.  While God's answer to whatever that is for us may not be immediate it will be PERFECT. Whatever we need God already has it in work for us.  We just have to walk in faith.

I hope you and your family will rest in the peace of our Savior knowing that all is in His hands.

Please enjoy this version of my favorite Christmas song.



And have a blessed Merry Christmas!

You showing up to read here is quite a gift to me and I am very thankful!


Before you go, however, please help me congratulate the winner of our final Christmas giveaway.

Congratulations Taylor Moore!!!

Send me an email and I will get your throw to you as soon as possible.

Merry Christmas, sweet friends!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment