Monday, December 11, 2017

A Family Yearbook

I love an old family album or a box of pictures to look through.  There is just something about capturing that moment in time forever in a snapshot.  But if you are like me, you don't print as many pictures as you used to.  I have quite a stash on my phone and even on the computer but not that many from recent years printed for us to flip through.

So I started making a family yearbook each year.  There are several websites out there for this service.  I have always been a Shutterfly girl and so I just stick with them.  I upload pictures several times a year  and I try to periodically go in and add the pictures to a photo book.  Then when Shutterfly runs one of their 40-50% off sales, I print my book.

Here's a look at the ones I have so far.  Interestingly enough every book seems to have its own personality.  There is always some prevailing theme that gives each year its unique features.


What makes this better than a traditional photo album is that I write a little something about each picture.  This will surely come in handy 30 years from now when other generations are looking through these books and saying.....now who is this.....and was this the year that......and who was older.......you know all those questions that naturally arise while glancing at a bunch of old, unmarked photos.

Now let me encourage you, start with this year.  I think we don't do things like this because we think....well I would need to go back and do ten years of these......shake that thought off.  Just start with this year and try to keep it up going forward.  So what you don't have the last 20 years documented........your family will treasure the ones you do have for years to come.

Remember the 1st giveaway is still live so don't forget to enter.

Giveaway 1

Also, a new giveaway will launch on Wednesday's blog so please come back for that one.

I hope you have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. We do these yearbooks, too! I love the idea. We also used Shutterfly. Noticed they made some interface changes, and usually I cringe at the thought, but these changes were actually for the better and make things go even faster.

    ReplyDelete