Monday, December 4, 2017

Few Looks at Christmas Decor

In January I will miss all the lights and all the Christmas decor.  But right now I am loving it.  I kind of wish that it was socially acceptable to have this stuff up all year long.  It is just festive.  I probably do my decorations 80% the same every year.  I use all the same things but I try to find different ways to include them....but some things do not change

Like this tree

I had to have a 9ft slim tree in this room.  This is my "Names of God" tree.  I bought the garland several years ago on Etsy.  It is a white linen material with the names of God on it....Prince of Peace, Lord of Lords, Might God, Counselor.  The Etsy store I used is no longer there but if you go to Etsy and search on Name of God Garland, you can find some.

The other ornaments are ones that I have picked up over the years here and there.  I use a lot of birch, pine cones, white and glass ornaments on this tree.

Here is an up close look

Next to the tree is a new addition this year.

It is a large glass jug lantern from Target to which I just added some twigs and greenery from Michaels.

The other side of the fire place has a natural crate filled with three little trees and string lights, some Luminara lanterns and some birch branches.


On the mantel


These little bottle brush trees came from the Target One spot this year.  They had some with color but I chose the all white ones.



Here is another thing that never changes


My mom bought me this Lenox Nativity years ago.  It is one of my most treasured possessions.  It always takes its place on the dining room buffet.  This year I used vases of natural sticks lit up with string lights on either side.

The Dining Room table always changes.  Here is how it looks this year

  My mom got a new table and so she was getting rid of this tablecloth and napkins.  I jumped on the opportunity to use it.  You will remember my newly flocked tree.  If you missed the post on how easy that was to pull off, you can read it here.  On top of the china cabinet are some deer I found a couple of years ago at Home Depot.  They go anywhere and everywhere.  But I like them here this year.  What's new is the lamb ear garland.  It is from Chip and Joanna's collection at Target.


Another old stand by is this sleigh I bought a few years ago at Costco

I use it to capture gifts that I need to deliver to someone else's house.  It just makes it easier to not have to root around under the main tree to find them.  This also finds a new resting place almost every year.

Now here is an area that is absolutely different every year.  

It is the stair landing and it has some decorative boxes (Hobby Lobby or Michaels) some lanterns (last year Kohls) a couple of pillows, a pallet tree, a throw we picked up at a craft show and another deer.



There are two of these little gray washed crates  I got these this year at Ross.  Both were well under $10 and they will find use even after Christmas.  This small one is holding a couple of kissing bears and some glittered pine cones.


I put another deer on the larger one.

And finished off the pallet tree with some green string lights.

Last for today are the holiday pillows.  We have talked before about my pillow problem.  I love all of these




The two on the left are from Pottery Barn.  The large red with snowflake is from Homegoods.
Here is the link for the car with tree, the three snowmen may be sold out because I could not find its link.


On this sofa the two outer ones are from Pottery Barn.  The one in the center is from Homegoods.
Here is the link for the Baby it's cold outside pillow.  Here is a link for a similar plaid one.  I couldn't find my exact one.

The thing to note on the Pottery Barn pillows is they are pillow covers.  This makes them easy to store.  Just measure some pillows you already own and find a cover to work with it.  At the end of the season you can store your covers in a drawer or your linen closet.  Much simpler.

I know you have beautiful things adorning your homes too.  Thanks for taking the time to look at a few of things we are using.  Enjoy your decorating!

Now make sure you are back on Wednesday.  Every Wednesday from now until Christmas I will have a giveaway!!!! So meet me back here on Wednesday and maybe you will be the lucky winner of Giveaway number 1.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment