Friday, December 1, 2017

A Snowman and Ornament Garland

Happy December!  I know.....I have been crafting a lot of things lately.  Sorry  (#notreally) I just can't help it.  It is this time of year.

Over Thanksgiving weekend we made the cutest little snowman.  Of course,  I found him on Pinterest.

Here are the supplies



1- white athletic sock ( I found these at the Dollar Tree)
1 - fuzzy sock (also bought at the Dollar Tree)
1 2lb bag of rice
1 roll of ribbon
some pom poms for the nose
a black sharpie
a pink sharpie
2 rubberbands
3 buttons

All you do is fill your sock with the rice. Then close the opening with a rubberband.  Add another rubberband to make the head.


Cut your fuzzy sock right at the heel.


Now you just dress him up.

First use the black sharpie to draw his nose and mouth.

Uses the pink sharpie to give him cheeks.

Hot glue a ribbon around his neck for a scarf.

Hot glue three buttons up his tummy.

Glue the orange pom pom on for his nose.

You slide the fuzzy sock over his little head to make him a cap.

Here's how they turned out.


Super easy and fun.  It was a great craft for us all to sit around the kitchen table and put together.  There is nothing complicated.  He goes together super easy.  With all that rice in him, he turns out to be very substantial.  

Try this with your family or friends over the holiday.  This craft is pinned on Pinterest if you want step by step instructions.

Then I decided to make an ornament garland.  I bought several boxes of these shatterproof ornaments when they went on sale after Christmas last year.  All you need is the ornaments and ribbon.

I used a black ribbon I already had.  I took some tape and made the end narrow like a shoe lace so it would easily thread through the ornament.




 Now just so you know.  This took a full Hallmark movie, a.k.a. two whole hours to complete.  I didn't stick to a strict pattern.  I just tried to mix it up as I moved along.


Here is how the final garland turned out.

And an up close look.....



 I really like how it turned out.

I hope you have a great weekend.  If you craft something let me know.  I am always interested in making something fun.

See you back here on Monday!!!
  






3 comments:

  1. Those snowmen are adorable; And that garland is beautiful! I'm trying both of them. Thanks for the inspiration Rhega!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, how many ornaments are in that garland and how long is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used about 80 ornaments. It turned out to be about 7.5 ft long. You could definitely make it shorter if you didn't want so much drape.

    ReplyDelete