Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Wreath Class - 1818 Farms

I have talked before about how much I love 1818 Farms.  If you are not familiar, read about them here.  The owner Natasha is super nice, very creative and so encouraging.  I love taking her classes.  This year we managed to snag a seat in the Wreath Making Class.  This is one of the really popular ones.  This class got me on the 1818 Farms email list.  I waited and waited for the announcement to come out and the class registration to begin.  This class usually sells out and this year was no exception.  However, I am sharing it with you so you can start watching for the announcement for next year's class yourself.  The class was held out in Mooresville on the farm.  Natasha had everything set up for us.

There were live wreaths, pine cones, fruit and all matters of flowers and herbs that they grow on the farm

So I started with this wreath and added three pine cones that Natasha showed us how to properly wire to our wreath.

I then chose to add the buds from the magnolia tree

And then I filled in with some dried Cocks comb, Celosia and Cinnamon Basil seed heads.

Ha! Sweet Natasha told me all those names.  I was calling them very scientific things like the fuzzy purple one and the dangling one and the good smelling one (that basil smelled so good)!


I then glued in some magnolia leaves and fresh cranberries.

Here is my finished wreath

And here is our little group with our wreaths.  

You can see we all chose different materials but all the wreaths turned out beautifully.  It was a wonderful evening.  There was Christmas music and such beautiful supplies to work with.  Not to mention what a fun time with friends creating something beautiful.

1818 Farms also offers some wonderful products.  They are currently offering 20% off through December 1st.  Check out their offerings here.

Love this place and all they offer.  Check them out.  You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment