Friday, November 3, 2017

Teacher Gifts and Expanding the blog

Well, ladies, thanks to your support our little couch here is growing a bit.  You will now be able to find OnTheCouchUnderAThrow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. A BIG THANKS to Katy for getting all three set up for us!!!

While I enjoy meeting you here on Monday, Wednesday and Friday sometimes I need to tell you all things on the other days.  Like when I find something on clearance at Nordstrom or Kroger runs a one day half off sale on their Halloween candy and this one time eggs were on sale at Target for 19 cents and I really NEEDED to tell you that......these things cannot wait until Monday, Wednesday or Friday.

So if you are interested, please follow the blog on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.  I would love to have you on all three but feel free to join me on whichever platform you enjoy most. You'll notice the buttons on the upper right side of the blog page.  You can simply click on those to link up with the blog on social media.

I will continue to post here the 3 days a week and just add in this other social media.

If you missed previous gift posts click below
Neighbor Gifts
Gifts that Give Back
Gift for the Cooks
Gifts for Girls
Gifts for Readers
12 Days of Christmas
Gifts for Boys

Now let's talk about Gifts for Teachers

At my house we are beyond this stage.  Somehow after middle school getting a child to carry in a gift for a teacher becomes a bit of a challenge.  Truthfully, this may have occurred before middle school.  I can remember driving to the school, going in with my little basket and sticking gifts into teacher's mailboxes.

I come from a family of educators.  It is seriously hard work so I like to acknowledge those who put their heart into making my kid's day go a little smoother.  However, poor teachers get gifted a lot of stuff that they may not know what to do with it all.  Can you imagine teaching 5-6 classes each with say 20 students - that's the potential of getting 100-120 bad presents.  We're being honest here, right?

So let's focus on consumables (no storage....just things they can use)
Gift Cards - these can be small.  Remember they may get several.  And some school systems even have rules about what a teacher can receive so there is no "buying grades" perception.  I'm not sure what teacher is willing to risk their career for a $10 Starbucks gift card...Thank you, Mrs. Smith for the cup of coffee, now I will pass your kid......Not seeing it. Relax, school systems, we are just trying to give a little something to a nice teacher.

Some Gift Cards Considerations
Bookstores, Movies, Starbucks, Office Supply Stores, Panera, Top Golf, Hobby Lobby, Michaels or how about a place that delivers lunch - lunch delivered on a school day, now that sounds like a treat.

If a teacher sends home lots of notes, a cute notepad would be nice

Beach Notepads
Sorbet Stripes Notepad
Personalized

If they do stickers, I am sure they would love a restock
Owl Stickers
Chalkboard Stickers

I love stickers.  You want me to perform well.....give me a sticker.  I did a little physical therapy this summer and the therapist would say good job.....and I said "no stickers?", he looked really confused.  To put him out of his misery I told him I was just kidding.  But really I wasn't.

Look, if they are a teacher they are probably sanitizing their hands a lot through the day.  If not, they should be. Some nice smelling Bath & Body would be nice.

 Best Friends (Forever!) 5-Pack PocketBac Sanitizers - Bath And Body Works
Bath & Body


Now what really warms a teacher's heart is a nice note from parent or child.  I still do this - not for every teacher but for those special ones who are really making a difference.


If you are a teacher and have some input here, share with us.


Have a great weekend.

This happens to be my favorite weekend of the year.  I love when we Fall Back......Enjoy your extra hour of sleep.

See you back here on Monday!






No comments:

Post a Comment