Friday, August 18, 2017

Gifts for Neighbors

Today is the first in the gift idea posts.

I hope to share a few ideas I have and would love to hear from you.

Neighbors - we exchange gifts with the two neighbors who live on either side of us.  It is not a big elaborate thing, just a small gesture that says "our family wishes your family a Merry Christmas".

I always think consumable gifts are good for everyone because they require no storage.

Hobby Lobby always has cute Christmas tins or paper baskets that are good to fill with treats for the neighbors family.


We have filled baskets with brownies - I prefer the Ghiraldelli Double Chocolate Mix or these Mocha Brownies from the Pioneer Woman.

I also like to use the Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix



My friend Meg introduced me to making this delicious puff caramel corn recipe that everyone loves.  We make it and put it in individual bags.

Now if baking is just not your thing.....no worries.  Another great consumable is a live poinsettia from a local nursery.  They are beautiful to have on display during the holidays but not necessarily something we all go out and by for ourselves.....so it makes a nice present.

You can also pick up live wreaths at your local nursery and tie a nice bow on it prior to delivery.  If, however, you want one all dolled up and shipped directly to someone, check out these from QVC.  There is a church option or a truck option this year.  You choose the date you want it delivered and you can have it sent directly to the person.  I have ordered these several years as gifts and have been very pleased with them.

Other ideas would be my all time favorite holiday candle - it is the Bath and Body Winter scent.


You could pair this nice candle with a nice lighter like this one and make a great gift.



This not only comes in silver but a festive red if you so desired.

Of course, Bath and Body will also have great holiday hand soaps and I am always a fan of the William Sonoma soaps that come out around the holidays.

So those are a few of my neighborly ideas.  I hope you found something that could work for you and those who live near you.


No comments:

Post a Comment