Monday, August 21, 2017

2nd & Charles - my first experience

Maybe you are aware we have a new store in town.  It is 2nd & Charles and it is located on the corner of Hwy 72 and Wall Triana.  It is in the Planet Fitness Shopping Center.

I had no idea what this store was.  It is new to me.  Driving by one day, I commented on what could it be and my husband said it is some kind of place where you can sell stuff and buy stuff.  Well I think I shall like this place very much....I like to sell stuff and I like to buy stuff.  This weekend I finally had a chance to check it out.  First of all, let me just say it is very organized.  There were tons of movies and games on the left, lots of books on the right and I think I even saw a sign for vinyl.

So today I am just going to share my buying experience.  I am going back later for the sell experience.  All the books are in alphabetical order by Author.  So if you know of an author you love, you can head straight to their section and see what they have available.

I just happened to turn on the H-aisle and there was sweet Elin Hilderbrand sitting right there to greet me.  There were several of her books that I had not read.   The hard back books of hers were in the $8-9 range the paperbacks were in the $5-6 range.  I bought 2 of Elin's books.  Since I was on the H-aisle I went ahead and checked out Kristin Hannah's section.  She is another favorite of mine.  I picked up one of her books as well for $4.70.  All the books are in really nice condition.....if they didn't tell me I wouldn't know there were used books.

They are a bag free store.  So either carry a bag or be prepared to carry your finds out in your arms.  As luck would have it they have a little reusable bag they will sell you for 99 cents.

When we exited the store they had a huge bin on the sidewalk that had FREE books....since I still had room in my new 99 cent tote, I took a look.  Actually, there were some good finds in there.  I got Tim Russert's Wisdom of our Fathers.  I owned this book and read it several years ago.  I really loved it.  I loaned it out to someone and it was never returned.....now I have another copy.  I also picked up John Macarthur's Book on Leadership.  I think I have many weekends ahead in this store. I occasionally download and electronic book and even an audible book but I still prefer a good  ol'fashion hard copy.

When I go back for my selling experience, I will be sure to report back and let you know how it goes.

Have a great week, girls, Take care of  your eyes during the eclipse!

No comments:

Post a Comment