Monday, August 14, 2017

Tried another Pin

I pinned this one on Pinterest a long time ago.  I thought I would give it a try this weekend.  You know how people like to journal and then lose their stick-to-it-ness.  Well this was an idea to help all of us who want to journal but who get overwhelmed and quit after a few weeks.

It is called a berry basket journal.  Here's the finished product


And now let me walk  you through the steps.

Here are the supplies:


You can find these berry baskets everywhere these days.  I got these at Michaels.  They were regular priced $6.99 but were on sale this week at 30% off.   You will also need index cards, some type divider (I used these precut tags), a date stamp and an ink pad.

First cut all your index cards to fit your basket.


Then stamp each card with a month and date



Then stamp your divider with the month....and I added a little bakers twine.


You then simply assemble by putting in all  your month dividers and putting the index cards behind each.


The idea is this little basket is small enough to fit on a bedside table or perhaps where you have your quiet time.  The journaling should be less intimidating because you simply jot down one little thing each day.  Many of the comments talked about doing this for a new mom who could write something quickly from each day, a bride for the first year of marriage or really anyone who wants the opportunity to make a note from each day.  You could write things your thankful for, things that went well, someone to pray for or just something that made you smile that day.

All kinds of variations were used for the dividers - old postcards, scrapbook cardstock or even  these gift tags like I used.


These would be cute gifts for many people on your list.  It comes together fairly quickly.  Although I will warn you it takes about an hour to stamp the month and date on all the index cards.  If you are going to make several, you might do what I did.  Since I was making 3, I lined up three index cards and stamped all my Jan 01's, then my Jan 02's etc.  This just saved time so I didn't have to keep dialing my stamper.

Hope you enjoyed me actually trying another Pin today.  Feel free to follow me on Pinterest if you like.  This particular one is on my craft board.

Have a great Monday!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment