Wednesday, November 1, 2017

A Fall Snack Mix

There was a recipe from The Salty Marshmallow pinned on Pinterest. I have it pinned on my Fall Board.  Well it had all my favorite things in it Apple Jacks, pretzels, bugles and candy corn.

For the full recipe you can click here.

It was very simple though.  You simply mixed Apple Jacks, pretzels and bugles in a big bowl....and I do mean big bowl.  The recipe called for a 17 oz box of Apple Jacks but I had a 12 oz. box in the pantry.  I also had pretzel sticks and used those.  I really consider recipes more like suggestions.  I am firm believer in using what you have.  Here are my ingredients mixed together.


You then melt your butter and brown sugar, stir in the vanilla, cinnamon and salt.  You pour all of that over your mixture



Then stir to coat.

I put parchment paper on my cookie sheets (I had to use two large ones) and divided the mixture between the two cookie sheets.


You bake it on 275 degrees for 45 minutes stirring every 15 minutes.

Once it is out and cooled you stir in the candy corn.  She calls for an Apple flavored candy corn.  I couldn't find it at my grocery store so I just used regular and it turned out fine.  I know some people have an aversion to candy corn and you could totally leave it out.  I know this because while I was waiting for it to cool I may have eaten a couple of handfuls before stirring in the candy corn.

Here is my finished product.


It is sweet and it is salty.....and that is my jam.

I think this would be a fun little snack to have around during Thanksgiving week to fill the gaps between plates of turkey and dressing. The only thing is I am not sure if Candy Corn stays around that long......so you may need to grab a couple of bags now.  Good chance it is on clearance with the rest of the halloween candy.


See you back on Friday.





No comments:

Post a Comment