Monday, November 20, 2017

Thankful for......

Do you spend time thinking about and replaying the past year this time of the year?  A lot happens in a year doesn't it?  Maybe this time last year you were working on fixing something in your life. Maybe you had just come through a valley and hit a period of good times.....or maybe you were doing a little of both.  Either way I hope you can reflect on the positives, the lessons learned in the hard times and the hope of what another year might bring.  It is extremely hard to make a list of things I am thankful for.  To be honest, there are just too many things and then I would hate to overlook anything......

But here are a few things that I am particularly thankful for this year

Peace - I don't mean the absence of problems and chaos.  I mean the ability to  hold it together despite circumstances.  The ability to get up and face each day trusting in the sovereignty of God and His equipping me to withstand.

Health - While I didn't have a major illness this year, I had several little things that cumulatively wore me down.  I asked many of you to pray.  I know that you did.  I am thankful for this complex body that heals and for my God who orchestrates it all.

Love - For some reason evil has not been satisfied in the background of our lives, but has wanted  to be front and center, a main character, prevalent.  But I am thankful that this has drawn people to speak love, pay compliments, give encouragement.  This year I did the Jesus Always devotional and this one line has really stuck with me....."When evil seems to prevail make every effort to accomplish something good." Aaahhh, nothing bursts the evil doers bubble faster than us continuing to live love.

My Village - All of us need people. Family, friends and others contribute to us being able to do our lives and to do them with ease.  Those who will step in for us.  Those who refuse to let us sit in denial, regret and self-loathing.  Those who fill in when we are double or triple booked. Those who know when we need a squeeze, some time alone or a pep talk.  Those who are kind enough to read this blog. These people make up my village and I am very grateful.

I could go on and on but I am only going to list one more

Laughter - I treasure a good laugh. Laughter to tears.....bring it on.  Usually laughter is born out of reflection on something in the past, a time of joy, a snippet of freely allowing our bodies to physically release emotion.  I mean when we laugh, it is like we are lighter, more free and connected. I marvel at little kids who you can just look at and they just burst into giggles.  They are uninhibited - what they feel they just let come out.  Tap back into that, ladies, laughter is within you but so much more fun when shared with others.

I hope you have a wonderful week of thankfulness.  May you and your village enjoy peace, love, health and laughter to the point of tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment