Monday, November 13, 2017

October Book Review

Hope you had a great weekend.  I may have started to put up Christmas trees.....more to come on that soon.

I had some really good reads this month.....so let's get right to it.

First up,



The Life We Bury by Allen Eskens
This book is about a college student taking on an interview with a nursing home patient for a school assignment.  He is absolutely shocked by what he learns and then he risks it all trying to uncover the truth that has eluded this elderly gentleman for most of his life.  There is suspense, romance, tragedy, violence and tenderness.  A good story.  I enjoyed this one.






My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry by Fredrik Backman
This is the same author who brought us A Man Called Ove which I absolutely loved.  This one did not disappoint.  I love Backman's writing style.  In this book a young girl is following clues from her grandmother to set some wrongs right.  Very entertaining.  I really didn't want this one to end.




The Sound of Glass by Karen White
In this one a young lady relocates to her deceased husband's hometown to inherit a nice piece of property.  Unfortunately, her stepmom and half-brother move in with her.  They discover how different they are and how much they need each other.  There are some twisted personalities in this one but in the end they come together beautifully.  Another successful read.

Last up, I finished the month with


I was drawn back to another James Patterson book.  This one had a bit of a complicated plot and if I try to describe it, I am afraid I might ruin it for you.  Let me just say  you may never text in your car or speed on a road again.  Worth the read for sure.

This time of year I really enjoy a good holiday themed book.  If that sounds good to you, check out Elin Hilderbrand's Winter Series








I have read them all except for Winter Storms because it has just been released.  I like the series a lot especially this time of year.

I hope you had a great reading month too.

Make it a great week, girls.  I will meet you back her on Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment