Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Christmas Decor - Dining Room

Welcome back for just a little more Christmas cheer.  Today let's look at what is going on in the Dining Room and continue to look at how I am making use of things I already have with the occasional new thing thrown in.  First, remember how I did the Garland on this Great room tree


I just did a traditional start at the top and wrap, tucking it in here and there.

Well in the Dining Room I chose a different method for the ribbon garland

I cut the ribbon into about 12-14 inch pieces

Then I took each piece, tucked it in and gave it a little loopy loop


It is wired ribbon so it holds its loops pretty well.  I used a solid and a plaid.  


Here's a close up look


It is just a different look. I like both looks.  I won't ever cut my great room garland because I think it needs to be stretched out more so the names of God are readable.  But I did not mind cutting this wired ribbon. The only thing I added to this tree this year is a few more felt ball garland strands that I found at Hobby Lobby.


And then I got to work on the table


This is my wedding china, a simple white plate with a gold rim so I have had it for 27 years.


About 10 years ago my mom gifted me with the little salad plate with the green holly to add to my china.  About 5 years ago she gifted me the matching holiday candles.  I bought those crystal candle holders at a thrift shop last summer.  

Here is the buffet


It holds my favorite Christmas piece.........my Lenox Nativity.  My mom also gifted me with it probably 20 years ago.  It is a treasure.....and so is she.  My girls gave me those battery operated tapers last year.  They found them at The Mooresville Mercantile.  They are in little vintage candle holders from Vintage West in Providence.

You probably remember the ornament garland I made a few years ago.  It took its place again.  This year we moved the little pallet tree to join it.



Then there's the landing with its new cushion cover with all manners of miscellaneous little decorations that we have used in various places over the years.  The piece of fabric covering that cushion is the only new thing added here.

So enjoy whatever decor you have.  Maybe consider using it in a different place or a different way.  Add a little something here and there.  Remember, all the great decor in the stores right now will be on a serious discount in a few weeks.  That is a great time to pick up a few new things for the next year.

See you back on Friday!









No comments:

Post a Comment