Friday, December 13, 2019

Favorite Things Party 2019

 Last week I had the chance to host one of my favorite things ---- My Favorite Things Party!!!!

Each year I invite over a few or 20 of my favorite people.  We each bring 3 of our favorite things wrapped and ready for exchanging.  We put each person's name in a basket three times.  Everyone draws out 3 names and those are the 3 gifts that person will be taking home.....but first we eat

This year I kept the menu super simple.  I did Mississippi Pot Roast in the slow cooker. I used this recipe from Belle of the Kitchen.  I also did some boneless, skinless chicken breast in another slow cooker.  For this one I just added a pack of
Old El Paso Slow Cooker Seasoning Chipotle Chicken (.85 oz. packet) and a can of

Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies 10oz - image 1 of 1
and about 2 pounds of chicken breast.  Once the chicken cooked on low all day, I simply took two forks and shredded it. I also shredded the roast when it was done shredding the peppers right into it.

I bought Hawaiian Rolls, Chipotle Mayo, Horseradish, Spicy Brown Mustard, Provolone Cheese, Pepper Jack Cheese and Pickles.  Everyone made sliders to their own liking.  I served chips and grapes with the sliders.

Then for the sweet treats I made Crockpot Candy using this recipe from Inspired by Charm.  Then I made sugar cookies from the Betty Crocker Ready Mix
Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix - 17.5oz - image 1 of 5
which makes the absolute best sugar cookies and my go to Five Flavor poundcake

It turned out very cute and delicious


I also added frozen hot chocolate which I made with a 1/2 cup of hot chocolate mix, 1/2 cup of whole milk and 1.5 cups of ice.  It all went into my blender and then into little shot glasses, topped with whipped cream.


Everyone brought great gifts.  There were socks, and storage containers, magic bullets, soaps, chocolates, lanterns, stainless steel straws, teas, a personal alarm, jewelry, books, dish towels, gift cards, body cremes, kitchen gadgets, tool kits, vibrating eye masks and lots of other goodies.

As we exchanged we shared why the item was one of our favorites.  It is always so interesting to see what everyone will bring and even more fun to see what will go home with you.

I gifted each lady with a little tote to carry all their goodies home in

For my favorite thing, I made tea towel aprons and included my friend Jennifer's tea cake recipe and apparently failed to take one single picture of them.  Maybe I will make them again soon and do better about documenting their making.

Regardless, it was a fun night with great friends, good laughs and a wonderful way to kickoff this holiday season.

Have a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment