Monday, December 2, 2019

Christmas Decor - Greatroom

Ok, it is officially December so we can pack away the pumpkins and seriously talk Christmas Decor!  Woo hoo!!! Today I just want to encourage you to use what you have and think of new or different ways to use it.  I think part of what makes Christmas special is knowing the Nativity is going to come out on display, remembering ornaments from years past.....seeing all those things that trigger happy memories is part of the joy.  I like Pinterest as much as anyone.  I read several bloggers and follow them on Instagram.  My Facebook feed has lots of inspiration.  But my goodness we see those put together spaces and want our houses to look JUST LIKE THAT......and they can ......but over time.  I find pieces I love and add a few each year.  Today I am going to show you the great room.  Here is the view from upstairs


You can see all of the pillows.  Most are from Pottery Barn and Home Goods.  And here is the mantle a little closer up.  I have added a lantern just about every year.  I added the greenery in the pots last year.  I have had the candles forever and use them in various places around the house all year long.  I just use a white faux fur throw that I picked up at Home Goods under the tree.


This year I added this garland


It is from World Market Place and I am using two of them.

And here is my tree this year.  I bought this garland more than 7 years ago on Etsy.  It has the names of God on it.  You can search Etsy and find similar ones.  I have added ornaments to this tree every year.  Just a few at a time


Here is a close up of the tree.
On this tree I wrap the garland.  Later in the week I will show you the dining room tree where I use a different method.  


Another add this year is this little display


I bought a few white cake stands from Hobby Lobby and I picked up some of the little white houses in the Target dollar spot and some others at TJ Maxx.  They are all over the place this year so not hard to find.  My little bottle brush trees are from the Target Dollar Spot last year.  You can find them at Michaels or Hobby Lobby. And the little snowmen came from Sweet Pineapple on Airport Road.

I hope you are enjoying pulling out your sentimental favorites and add one new thing this year, if you desire.  It really is the most wonderful time of the year!

More decor on Wednesday.  Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment