Wednesday, November 14, 2018

So now I scope

This time of year I can't help but just scope out fun gift ideas.  Here are a few things I have found to share with you.  For the foodie or cook in your life,  how about a pricey Dutch oven

Signature 6 3/4-Quart Round Wide French/Dutch Oven,
                        Main,
                        color, CERISE
Le Creuset Dutch Oven

Now if that is too pricey, you know what else cooks don't often by for themselves that would be good......basics
Williams Sonoma Walnut Wood Spoons, Set of 4
William Sonoma Wooden Spoons

If you don't have a foodie on the list how about something you don't need to know their size to buy....I am loving all the ponchos and wraps this year

Plaid Poncho,
                        Main,
                        color, IVORY/ BLACK
BP Poncho
or this one if you really want to splurge
Cozychic<sup>®</sup> Point Dume Poncho,
                        Main,
                        color, GRAPHITE/ STONE HEATHERED
Barefoot Dreams Poncho

Honestly, buy anyone any Barefoot Dreams product and they should be tickled pink.

And you know I highly recommend a throw
Kennebunk Bliss Plush Throw,
                        Main,
                        color, PINK BRICK
Kennebunk Throw
This one comes in 21 different color options and has tons of 5 star reviews

And if you want to really splurge

CozyChic<sup>®</sup> Luxe Casa Throw Blanket,
                        Main,
                        color, BLUSH/ CREAM
Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Throw

If you haven't been to Barnes and Noble lately, check them out before you finish all of your shopping.  They have their holiday game face on for sure.  They have a whole section called "Reading socks and Winter Wear".  Everything in this section makes you want to curl up on the sofa for a really long time.  Everything is super soft and cuddly.
They have socks

Reading Socks

and cute hats
Seattle Puff Floppy Hat
You can see the whole collection online by clicking here but do yourself a favor and pop into the store and touch and feel it for yourself. And as always they have the cutest bags with any purchase.  I absolutely can never resist these and may have purchased this one

Snowman Tote

They are $19.95 on their own but if you buy anything in the store you can get it for $12.95.

So it was a good thing I was buying this
Card Tricks
Card Trick Kit
I thought my little 10 year old great nephew would enjoy this.  It does not have batteries.  It does not make noise.  I feel like it could be a real winner.

They also had a yo-yo one and a harmonica one. I figured it would take him a while to learn a trick and that his parents would get to enjoy the fruits of his studies.  The other two kind of sounded like they could involve me immediately so I chose wisely.

Lastly, a big shout out to the man I married.  When you have 10 Christmas trees in the attic and you say on Saturday morning you are going shopping for a couple of new ones and he says "OK" you know for sure that you have chosen the right spouse.  I have had most of my trees for over 20 years so I am ready to replace a couple of them.  I wanted something fairly inexpensive for the bedrooms but I didn't want the super skinny trees.  After looking at about 6 stores I broke down and went to Wal Mart......you know I have a love/hate relationship with them.  So it is not a regular stop for me, but this time worked out wonderfully.   I found this tree and I think it is perfect
Holiday Time Unlit 7' Branford Spruce Artificial Christmas Tree
7' Branford Spruce

While it is a slim profile, it still has some substance to it.  The branches are very full.  It is lightweight and goes up in less than 10 minutes.  Now it is not pre-lit but it is not going to take you long to light this beauty.  I think it is absolutely perfect for a bedroom, a kitchen, a staircase landing or anywhere you could stick another Christmas tree.  It was only $69 dollars.  

I will see you back here on Friday.  But before I go here is a friendly reminder to complete our November Great Things in '18 Challenge.  I know we all get super busy this time of year but finish strong.  When you are strung out or stressed, you always feel better when you do a little something for someone else.














No comments:

Post a Comment