Monday, November 19, 2018

Thanksgiving week!

Honestly, this week just zoomed right on in here once we hit November.  It is a big week of course.  I am looking forward to lots of things.....like sweet potato casserole, mac and cheese, lima beans and rolls......those are my favorites.  This year I am actually cooking a turkey breast.  I have always bought either a turkey or a turkey breast and we have made the sides.  But this year we are doing it all.  My younger daughter had a 'Friendsgiving' on Saturday so I practiced cooking the turkey then.  I feel very prepared and ready now.  Thank you to my friend Jennifer who gave me the encouragement and the recipe.

Of course, I am also looking forward to the newspaper after dinner and scoping all the sales.  I am most excited that I don't really have anything to buy, so it is totally a no pressure shopping day for me......but I will totally be there. Totally.

I am also super excited about a few days off, some time on the couch under a throw and more than one nap or two.  I will also be Hallmarking it out while putting up Christmas decor.

Y'all I am so thankful for so many things.  Sit and watch the news one night and you realize just how blessed you are.  Scroll through Facebook and you will again be reminded.  My goodness just run into a friend you haven't seen in a while and the things people go through can absolutely break your heart.

I know we are all thinking about thankfulness this week which is great, but I want to encourage you all to join me in taking a quick picture of things/people/situations that you are thankful for all week long.

On Thursday we can all sit back after dinner and scroll through a little photo diary of thankfulness.  Just imagine - a full tummy, feet up and scrolling through all the things we encounter this week to be thankful for......this is just another form of being intentional.  Slow down long enough to take a quick photo on your phone and watch your thankful photo album grow.....might even be fun to share with your family if you feel up to it.

Snap away girls......and smile, my first thankful photo is of all of you! Thanks for reading here with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment