Friday, May 10, 2019

Mother's Day Wishes

I always struggle this time of year with what to write about Mother's Day.  It is hard because there are so many different situations resulting in so many emotions around the day.  I get it.  Some are waiting and desiring to be moms.  Some are missing a dear sweet mom.  Some are churning through laundry, dishes and disciplining as a mom.  So today I thought I would just talk about me and my mom experience.  I have said here before every woman in the world is nurturing someone.  So I always want to give a big shout out to every woman this time of year.  It takes us all.  I am so blessed by the circle of women God has given to me.

Here are some observations from me about me.....

I have not always been a patient mom.  I can remember wishing certain phases away because they were hard....because I wasn't good at them.

I can remember focusing so much on getting "things" done that I may have missed out on some of the actual fun.

I am 100% sure that I misdirected a lot of energy on details that really didn't matter.

Without question, I made a ton of mistakes and would do some things differently.

But you know what.....I am not going to focus on any of that because here is also what I know

I did the absolutely best I could at the time.

I always thought I was doing what was best for my kids and my family.

I have always been a praying mom and I know that counts for a lot.

I have loved hard and been willing to make the tough calls because that is what real love does.

I have taught my kids that God is our focus and what we do for Him is really all that matters.

So while it becomes more clear every day that I am not perfect,
while the world wants to constantly prove that to me day after day,
while I know in five years I will most likely look back on this exact time frame and see how I could have been better.......

TODAY I will love as best I know how.....
today I will try to remember that God's strength is magnified in my weaknesses.......
today I will pray and trust God to answer because He has proven worthy of my trust....
today I will be content, satisfied and grateful.

I don't know what you are wishing for this year but from me to you - a sincere wish for contentment, satisfaction and a heart that is filled with gratitude.

Keep rockin' it out, ladies!!!!

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment