Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Summer Bucket List

I am setting some goals for the summer.  I hear myself all year saying.....I wish I had time to do this or that.  Well even though I have to still go to work.  Even though people still expect dinner every night.  Even though nothing in my life really changes that much in the summer.  It still feels like it is a little more relaxed and I should have some time to do some things.

So I am setting these goals up front.  Here are a few things I plan on doing this summer:

1) Take a chalk painting class
Annie Sloan_Antibes_OpenLid

I've done a little with chalk paint.  I own chalk paint.  I am going to figure out some fun things to do with it.....and officially take the class.


2) Work on my hand lettering
These free printable hand lettering practice sheets are designed help you practice the strokes of each letter to build up that muscle memory.

I took a class in this.  It did not come natural to me.  But I feel like with some practice I just might be able to master it or at least be decent at it.

3) Get my closet life together (flooring, reorganizing, purging)
WALK-IN CLOSET ático MD, decoración, ideas para la casa, myhome, On top - Macarena Gea
Not my actual closet but a good inspirational picture.  We bought new flooring for our closets a year ago.  Correct...ONE....YEAR....AGO....it is time for some installation to happen.

4) Get my storage container life together ( y'all this one cabinet - OUT OF CONTROL!!!)
Why can't you ever seem to find a lid and bottom that fit when you need to? Oh, that's because your cabinet looks a little something like this.    - HouseBeautiful.com
Not my actual cabinet.....but close....super close.  Are plastic containers rapid procreators....what happens when I close that cabinet door?  I don't know, but some of them are going to have to go.  And the next person at my house who washes out a sour cream container to keep is going into timeout.

5) Learn how to use my serger.  Half of you are wondering what this is?  Just a magical seam finishing sewing machine.  I plan on serging some stuff this summer.
Image result for serger images

Any idea how many napkins I can make with a functioning serger.....tons....and then some.


6) I hate to even say this but - exercise
Image result for exercise meme

This one is last for a reason.....I don't want to do it. But I really am going to try.

Ok, I think that is enough.  Now that I have said it out loud here on this blog, I pretty much HAVE to do these now.  If you need a similar peer pressure, feel free to shout out something you want to get done this summer in the comments and this loving blog family will do our very best to shame you into getting your list done too!  See, we are here for each other.

So what's on your summer bucket list?

Let's do this!!!!

See you on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment