Sunday, February 12, 2017

It's in the Books.....




So I really love a good book and I really dig a spreadsheet too.  I married those two loves and have kept a spreadsheet of every book I've read since the mid 80's. Are you wishing you were me right now or are you glad you are not?  It's ok......I go back and forth between similar feelings myself.

Here's what I've read lately (not in spreadsheet form 😌)

The Magnolia Story



Gifted to me for Christmas....I LOVED this book.  I was already a Chip and Joanna fan but now even more so.  I kept saying I wouldn't talk about this book with my daughters because they might want to read it.  But there were parts I just couldn't resist reading out loud to them.  How is Waco's population not exploded? I totally want to move there and have them do a house for me.

Then I moved on to a what I would call a heavy book.

Close Your Eyes Hold Hands


This one is a tough subject told with tough talk.....nuclear power, teenage runaways, drugs, crime.  It is an attention grabbing story line and kept me interested, but I was plum tuckered when I got to the end.  And please be advised this one has more than its fair share of expletives.....

Then I spent some time on this


Yes, I am well aware it is a cookbook and not a novel.  I love recipes and enjoy "reading" a good cook book.  This one is very good.  Simple but tasty meals.  We've made about four things already and have been pleased with them all.

I hope you are reading some good things.  If so, please share. I would love to add to my spreadsheet.📚

3 comments:

  1. hmmm, the first book looks mushy or like romance or something---I do neither, but I might give it a try since you recommended. Latest mystery/crime is Hades (Archer & Bennett series)and The Sister (Psychological thriller).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the middle of Chip and JoJo right now and love it! I think we've talked about Sophie Hudson and Melanie Shankle's books...HILARIOUS! I wish had been keeping a spreadsheet all these years! Also wish they had Book-It for Adults! Personal Pan Pizzas really inspire me to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not much of a reader, but I did read the Magnolia Story and loved it! Maybe seeing your book lists will help me get going in reading more.

    ReplyDelete