Friday, February 24, 2017

Oscar Weekend!

Why are short weeks so long? How does that happen?  Well we made it and deserve a little something something for our efforts.

Especially since it is Oscar Weekend!!!!

This is the weekend that I sit on my couch and wonder how people have so much time to see movies and I make a new list of movies to see when they finally hit Netflix.  However, I love a good theme party and so we will have Oscar night at the house.

In my head, I will be wearing something like this.

Main Image - Maggy London Lace Fit & Flare Dress

But in realty I will be wearing something more along these lines.

Main Image - Make + Model Raglan Pullover


Because I am going to need elastic............since Pizza Hut is honoring the Oscar weekend by having 50% off their menu prices.  Thank you, Pizza Hut, for making a little Italian Sausage on a deep dish crust available to me at a discount.  You have to place your order on line to get the deal.  To be honest with you, I was doing a little pre-shopping and I think some of the other deals they have on their site might be better.  Either way I am in!


The films nominated for

I will get a chance to see Hidden Figures Friday night and that will be only one I have seen.  So more than likely I will be pulling for it!  

Because I am multitasker, I will be doing a little online shopping while watching the Oscars.

In honor of the Oscars, I have tried to find an item relevant to each movie.

The Arrival has something to do with aliens coming to earth.  The trailer shows a lot of people running so I feel these would be a good item to have should we be faced with such an arrival
Main Image - Nike Free RN Running Shoe (Women)
These are currently being priced matched at Nordstrom for $79.99

Next up Fences.  I almost went with Kleenex for this movie because there is that one scene where Viola is crying and it screams an urgent need for a tissue.  But instead I went with this cute baseball tee.....because apparently baseball is also a big part of the movie.

Main Image - Madewell Baseball Tee

Hacksaw Ridge - the trailer is super intense.  I think the general theme is a young man wanting to heal rather than hurt.  So I thought this enamel medical box would be a good item.  This would be cute to have in our homes to house our first aid kits.

Up next Hell or High Water......hmmmm well there are a lot of guns being shot in this trailer and banks being robbed, pretty sure this is not PG-13.  But when I look past all the violence apparently the boys are trying to get enough money to pay some bill. So I am going with something to hold our money (money that we earned honestly, of course, never stolen)
Main Image - Topshop Sammy Shopper Bag
I think this blush color is really pretty. Kind of the color of my cheeks after watching that trailer.

Now up Hidden Figures.....no, I am not going with Spanx here, although that is what I use to hide my figure.  These ladies were brilliant and stylish.  I feel like they could have worn these and I want to wear them too.



La La Land is full of music and dancing.  There's a lot of twirling in this movie and nothing twirls like a good fit and flare dress like this one.
Main Image - Ellen Tracy Eyelet Lace Fit & Flare Dress
I got a glimpse of Lion on an episode of 60 minutes.  It looks like an emotional story and really drew me in. I feel like this one is going to make us need to curl up in the fetal position.  So you may need this throw.


Manchester by the Sea has a lot of intense man emotion in it....and pretty sure it is rated R.  There is a lot of snow in the trailer and really cute coats.  You know it is the perfect time to buy a cute coat during the end of season sales.
Main Image - Thread & Supply Double Breasted Peacoat
Size up in this one!

Finally, Moonlight - oh boy, the trailer is too intense for me.  There is a lot going on in this one and I am not sure what item to pick for this. So I'm going with this


There's a lot of brokenness in this movie so I chose this patchwork cutting board.  Something pieced together yet still broken.  I know this sounds sad and a terrible way to end.  So let's just focus on the beauty of these boards and how nice they would be to entertain with.

Enjoy the Oscars!  Enjoy your weekend!!!!

1 comment:

  1. La La Labd was so good! You have to watch! Arrival is one Nick made watch. Not my thing. Lol!

    ReplyDelete