Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Grace.......


yeah, after a hard, long day, it's what always jolts me: Grace isn’t a mere Pollyanna feeling. It’s a *force* -- powerful force. As startling as the power of electricity. Grace always shocks. Grace always stuns. And Grace is always what we need. It’s there for everyone groping around in the dark:  *Turn toward Grace --  & you always turn on all the lights.*:

Grace is one of my favorite words.  There are many good definitions of grace.
 - unmerited favor
- not getting what I deserve
- covering rather than convicting
- loving in spite of

I receive a lot of grace.  I am sure of this.  I know I clumsily speak and act on a daily basis.  I know that many people in a day shake their heads and smile as I blunder and fumble.

But I want to give more grace and to give it out of habit, naturally, easily, as a first response.

I want to put aside my need to have the last word.

I want to be OK with not being right.

I want to be kinder in the car and not so intolerant of the idiots drivers on the roads. (See why I need improvement here?)

In the grand scheme of things, some of this stuff that raises my blood pressure really should not.

Maybe I could store all the grace I receive into my "virtual grace bucket".  I could then pull from my supply when I need to extend it to others.

I would always have more supply than demand - The grace God affords me each day is way more than  I would need to extend to others.

Here's wishing you much grace - to receive and extend.
John 1:16  "For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace."  DailyBibleMeme.com

No comments:

Post a Comment