Monday, March 6, 2017

The Bible Cover

I got both of my girls journaling Bibles for Christmas.  I went on the hunt for new covers.  Not only could I not find a single one I liked, I literally disliked everything I found.  So where do you go when you have what you want in mind but no store seems to sale it?

Well you go to Etsy, of course.

First of all, if I have thought of it 10,000 other people have too.  So someone somewhere has to be making and selling this Bible Cover that is in my head.  I wanted it to be pretty.  I wanted it to have an interior pocket for pencils. I wanted it to be reasonably priced.  I feel like all of these were basic requirements and why this is not available in the stores is beyond me.

So I found this shop on Etsy. It was great.  She had several fabric choices and that alone draws me in.  This shop still did not have the cover with an inside zipper pocket.  But when I messaged the shop owner she said she could do it no problem.  I ordered both of my girls a cover and was so pleased when they arrived I went back and ordered one for myself.

This is mine.




And here is a look at the inside


And if you look closely you can see that interior zipper pocket she added for me.


The fabric is super nice.  It is sewn beautifully.  It is one of my favorite things and I thought I would share it with you.

When I went back to Etsy to link to the shop I couldn't find it.  So I emailed the shop owner and she told me she has gone out on her own and has her own website.

You can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment