Wednesday, September 13, 2017

The First Signs of Fall

I am well aware that Fall doesn't officially begin until the 22nd of September but when I wake up and it is in the 50's.....I just fully jump into fall.  Fall doesn't stay around long.  So I declare it early and try to enjoy it as much as possible.  I immediately went to my Fall Board on Pinterest to get inspired.

I settled in on making these little yarn pumpkins.


Here is all you need.



Yarn, scissors, pipe cleaners and twine if you want to make it into  a garland.

You simply wrap the yarn around your hand.  The Pin said 120 times.  I thought that was a mighty plump pumpkin and opted to only wrap it 80 times.  





Then you cut a 10 inch piece of yarn and tie it around your yarn bundle.  you want to go thru your fingers capturing the front and back.







You then cut a green pipe cleaner into thirds.  Take one of those pieces and tie it onto your pumpkin, twist it together and bend it to make a stem.  



The Pin tied several onto the twine to make a pumpkin garland.  Here's how I put it together




I had some little burlap pennants and some little canvas ones that I layered together and stapled onto the twine just to add a little something extra.

This was a quick, fun and inexpensive little craft.

Pinterest people are quite creative.  Please feel free to follow me on Pinterest, if you like.  I try to pin some really fun things......and then I even try out a few and show them to you here.

After the craft I pulled out my fall bin and began decorating other areas around the house.

Some fall leaves for the front door.


Fall flowers for the dining room buffet.



including a little pumpkin painting by my youngest


Fancied up the dining room table with my fall tablecloth from William Sonoma and a glass pumpkin I found at Marshalls



These little succulent candles came from Crate and Barrel and make the perfect little napkin topper.


A few faux pumpkins and leaves by the front door.


Pumpkins and candles by the fireplace.


I got this pretty jar for my birthday in May.  Until now it has held some dainty white summer flowers.  I traded those out for some fall wheat.


Homegoods has a great selection of fall pillows.  I went there to buy some drawer organizers and I came out with these fall pillows.



And these....



And just as I was about to make it to the checkout counter, I found this plaid paper runner for $3.99. Ok, yes, get in the shopping cart.....you can come home with us too. 
It was just enough for the kitchen table.


Then I made our favorite fall snack - candy corn and dry roasted peanuts.


And lit a great candle from Bath and Body.

 

And then in a stroke of extra good fortune, I saw where Hallmark is debuting some new fall movies starting on September 23rd.  Thank you, Hallmark! Click here for the details.

Ok, Fall, I hope you enjoy your stay. I certainly will.

1 comment: