Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Words.....

I am a lover of words because they are powerful.  Words can spark every emotion in the book. And, oh my, we speak a lot of them everyday.  We hear a lot of them everyday.  I wonder if it is their plenty that makes us less careful with them.  If they were more scarce would we handle them with more care? Deliver them with more tenderness? Receive them with more grace?

We have so many ways to communicate but I have to tell you....I am shocked at some of the things people think it is ok to say.  From Facebook posts, to editorial comments, to the actual spoken word how did it become ok to just say these things?

Now I know we are all guilty of losing it sometimes.  I mean even the best of us gets stressed, sleep deprived or even hangry and I think we are allowed the occasional misstep.  But this constant barrage of hurtful talk is just too much.

I thought it would be fun to challenge ourselves today......

Welcome to Watch Your Mouth Wednesday!!!!

You are invited to think before you speak, to measure your responses and to treat your words like currency being mindful to spend them well.

Let's not just eliminate saying things that deflate people, tarnish feelings and leave people wounded.

Let's focus on speaking words that build up and encourage.

Today is going to be a great day, girls!

Let me start it by saying.....thank you for taking time to read my words each day.  I appreciate  you greatly!

No comments:

Post a Comment