Monday, March 26, 2018

Bible Study Fellowship

So today I want to share wih you a Bible Study I have been attending for over 16 years.  It is Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) a phenomenal study of the Word of God that is non-denominational and strictly Bible based.  The classes are held for men, women and  young adults.  Children (grades 1-12) are offered with the adult evening classes and for younger kids with the adult day classes. Bible Study Fellowship is described like this on the website

Whether new to the Bible, a seasoned reader, child or adult, we explore Scripture together.  


Each year there is a special study topic.  Currently BSF has the following offerings

Genesis
The Life of Moses
People of the Promised Land I
People of the Promised Land II
Isaiah
Matthew
John
Acts of the Apostles
Romans
and
Revelations

Generally, the studies rotate between Old Testament and New Testament.  The class runs the school year starting in September and ending in May.  There's always  planned holidays, spring breaks and Christmas breaks.  We meet one time a week for an hour and half.

When I first went to BSF and registered they asked on the form what would I rate my Bible knowledge.  The options were something like none, little, moderate or advanced. Having grown up in Church and studying God's word my whole life I think I selected "advanced".  The next year when it was time to register I selected "little to moderate".  Here's the thing - this is the most in depth study I have ever done.  We cover books of the Bible that you just don't hear a lot of sermons preached from......no matter how often you attend church.  I learned in BSF that I still have so much to learn.

This year we are doing the Romans Study.  Next year we will be doing a new study for BSF - People of the Promised Land I.  If you have been to BSF before, you might remember there was a well loved study entitled The Minor Prophets.  Well this new study is similar to that one but adds in some new Books of the Bible that BSF has never studied before.

Want to read how the class is formatted click here.

Want to find a class in your area for you, your husband and/or kids click here.

If you can, come join us in BSF.  If you want to register for next year's study most classes will be holding sign ups on their first class of the month in April.

There is no better investment than the one that grows you and your family closer to God.  I hope you will prayerfully consider joining a class.

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

And don't forget you have 5 days left to honor  your service provider this month.  Don't miss this opportunity.

Wishing you a wonderful week!

2 comments: