Friday, March 23, 2018

Waco - Part 3....what we bought

I  hope you have enjoyed reading about our trip to Waco.  If you are just tuning in, no worries you can read Part 1 by clicking here and Part 2 by clicking here.

Now as promised I want to tell you a little about what was in these boxes


So you will remember our first stop when we landed in Dallas was the North Park Nordstrom.  As usual we had our most success in the shoe department.  I featured this one on the blog last week in the navy and white stripe.  After I had a chance to try it on I purchased this color

Main Image - SARTO by Franco Sarto Oak Platform Wedge Espadrille (Women)

Oak Platform Wedge Espadrille



I really liked this shoe.  I liked all the colors.  Of course, I went with the most basic because I thought it would go with everything.  But this is one I will watch to go on sale and I may get another if that happens.

Now this next shoe I had not found on line but in person, I loved it.  Here is the on line photo

Main Image - Caslon® Darcie Slide Sandal (Women)
Caslon Darcie Slide
And here we are trying it on in the store





It is called a Morrocan print.  I think it will be cute with little jeans and even skirts and dresses this summer.  It comes in a bright yellow, black, red and walnut color if you prefer a solid.  It is flat but has a very flexible bottom and is really comfortable.

Then we snagged this neutral Sofft Sandal


It was comfortable right out of the box.  It comes in a black and also a sand/gold combo.

We also really liked this Birkenstock

Platform Birkenstock

We are fans of Birkenstocks and the platform and ankle strap really push these over the top.  There is another color option but we liked this one the best

And then we popped by this little guy
Main Image - Jeffrey Campbell Fling 2 Sandal (Women)
Jeffrey Campbell Fling

I got the black because 98% of my clothes are black.  But it also comes in this gold, a silver and a clear.  It is a rubber slide sandal so it would be a great beach or pool shoe, but I plan on just wearing it out and about.  It has 140 five-star ratings.  And at only $39.95.......why not.

As far as clothes, we picked up this 
Main Image - Madewell Embroidered Fable Top

Madewell Embroidered Top  It also comes in a really pretty blue, but if you have been around here a while you know we are partial to white shirts.

This little t-shirt came in several colors.  It is lightweight and just a good go to top.  


Main Image - Sanctuary Uptown Tiered Hem Linen Tee (Regular & Petite)



It is a linen t-shirt that is super comfortable.


Also, this little BP scalloped asymmetrical dress came home with us.

Main Image - BP. Lace Trim Drop Waist Dress

I assume this model is pretty tall because it just above the knee on those of us in the 5'4 height range.

Lastly, we picked up this little wrap skirt.

Main Image - BP. Mixed Check Ruffle Trim Skirt
BP Wrap Skirt

We got a few more small things like the best no-show socks, Stance Brand which we also wore on the trip. And on that subject here is something else we wore on the trip

Jet Set Zip Comfy Jeans
Levis Jet Set Comfy Pant

These are a cute little pull-on pant with zippers at the ankles.  They also come in a camo pattern but be warned the picture on-line is not good.  I don't think I would ever have ordered them from that picture alone.  Fortunately, we saw them in the store and loved them.  The black is great, but if you need camo go ahead and place the order, trust me they are cute in person.

Ok, that is it Waco wrapped up.  Thanks for coming along and reading.

Before you go, let me remind you that you have one week left if you are participating in our Great Things in '18 challenge. Remember this month is all about service providers.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.  Talk to you on Monday!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment