Monday, June 11, 2018

Birthday Review

First thanks to you all for your sweet comments and emails sending love and encouragement to our family.  You guys are the best and we appreciate you greatly.

I am a little late with the birthday review but wanted to share it with you today.  It was absolutely spectacular.....First I started celebrating a little early in the week with a fun dinner with friends.....friends who apparently don't like their faces in pictures......but it was a fun Mexican themed celebration






Birthday morning I woke up to streamers everywhere and I sported my 1968 shirt and my 'fabulous and fifty' travel cup.



When I got home from work the decorations had been ramped up even more



Before we got to the gift opening we popped out for dinner.  I chose Big Shakes......which no one was excited about but me #mydaymychoice. We had never been before and I really wanted to try it.

The food was delicious


I had the catfish, white beans and fries.  Yes please and thank you!

Leaving the restaurant everyone was happy and glad we made the Big Shake choice.


Then home to gifts...
I just wanted to show you a couple of the creative wrappings



Everything was in blue and gold.  They used adhesive ribbon, washi tape and even some antique buttons......who are these kids?  They rock!!!!

And there was cake

See I told you they rock!!!

I was gifted way to well.  I loved absolutely everything.  All of these were from my dear sweet friends who I love like family

I am already using all of it and will share some of that in later posts.....but there was everything - pandora jewelry, emerald earrings, gift cards to my favorite Frios, QVC and Amazon, make-up bags, chocolate, bundt cakes, flowers, candles, metal containers, fun signs, cozy socks and a whole crock filled with snacks in a fun 50's theme.

Then from family


There were more gift cards to another favorite Nordstrom, a Ronaldo bracelet, a new book, some Colleen Rothschild cosmetics, some fun terra cotta vases, an upgrade to my Audible subscription, an Amazon Echo and a dinner bell that I have been ringing like crazy.

Trust me I am loving all this stuff so much that you will definitely get to hear more details in future posts.

After gifts and cake I was ushered to the living room where my family played a video they had put together with birthday messages from so many special people.

And this was my reaction watching it


I don't know when I have been so out done.  I am pretty sure I squealed.  It was seriously one of the absolute best gifts I have ever been given.  Thanks to my sweet girls for pulling it together and thanks to all of you who sent in video clips to be included.  LOVED it !!!!


Here are a few other pictures from the celebration






A wonderful celebration for sure!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment