Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Fall Porch Decor

Bless Fall's heart..... I feel like it woke up late and has been trying to get itself together to get here, but has just been running sooooo late.  Fall, it is ok, we all oversleep occasionally but we are really going to need you to get it together.  I think several of us may be on round two or three of fall plants because the heat is just relentless.  Fortunately, some of you have pushed through and even been willing to share your Fall Porch Decor with us.

First up, is my friend Melanie.  Melanie would not be deterred she decorated early and beautifully.  I think her brick color is the perfect backdrop for a fall scene.


She has all my favorite things, plantings, tin items, pumpkins and honestly the sunflowers.

And just around her hedges.......


She added a fun fall flag and more pumpkins.

I love it.  Wouldn't you feel welcomed approaching her door?  I totally would.  Thanks for welcoming through pictures, Melanie, it is so lovely.

Next up, is sweet Taylor. She also would not be deterred by summer hanging on like crazy.  She has two small children and still manages to know what season it is and that is amazing to me.  Check out her front porch


I absolutely love the sentiment on her rug.  And I really want a large wooden sign like that.  My favorite thing about her porch is how personalized it is.  I love the "M" on her wreath and the special date on her sign.  

So very cute, Taylor, I totally want to ring your doorbell and come in for a cup of cider.......and I wouldn't mind holding those sweet kiddos too!  Thanks for sharing with us.

Lastly, summer and I battled it out with some mums.  Summer won.  But I persevered with some black eye susans.......take that, summer.  

Here's my street view

and here's the view from the front door


I bought these wooden planters from Wal Mart........no, I did not go to the store.  You all know Wal Mart and I have a fragile relationship.  But I did order these planters on line. You get all three for under $60 and free shipping.


As  you can see I did a mound of pumpkins and gourds in the largest one and planted two black-eyed susans in the other two.


I really like how they turned out.


All the weather people say the temps are turning....so if you haven't decorated yet maybe it is safe to do so now.  I am still watering those mums......we will see if they revive or not.

Happy Decorating!

See you back on Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment