Monday, October 28, 2019

My Warby Parker experience

If you don't wear glasses or have glass wearers in your family, you might be wondering what is

Warby Parker......or even if you wear glasses you might be asking the same thing.
  
 Either way you might be interested in this because even if you don't need prescription eyeglasses they also have sunglasses and we ALL need those......

Well Warby Parker started as an online eye glass company.  The business model is built around you selecting 5 different frames from their online selection.  They mail you those for free to try on at home.  You do have to put in a credit card number, but they don't charge you.  I guess that is for that random person who won't return them.  You get to keep them for 5 days and then you mail them back with the free shipping label they send you.

You can make your selection, upload your prescription and they make your glasses and send they them to you.

My daughters have done theirs using the online selection process.  But now Warby Parker has opened a few stores and I took advantage of the one in Birmingham.  I needed to actually try on everything, plus my prescription calls for progressive lenses and I was nervous about getting the measurement right for that on my own.  I personally think if you are wearing single vision lenses it may be a little easier.

Anyway they have a quiz you can take online to get some recommendations of which to try.  Here are a couple they suggested for me

Sims

NARROW FIT

Durand


NARROW FIT

Millie

NARROW FIT

Daisy






NARROW FIT

Daisy




Ok, I thought those were all reasonable choices and I tried them all in the store along with about 10 others.  I finally settled on the Daisy Narrow fit but I got it in a different color.
I got this one
Daisy Narrow in Tea Rose Fade

This color is called Tea Rose Fade.  I don't think I would have picked them on line but I loved them in the store.  
Here they are in person so you can see how they really look
Ok, so now I am going to show you me wearing them

It only took me snapping 437 selfies to get one I would show you.  

Anyway, my glasses were mailed to me in about 7 days.  I took them to a local store and they were nice enough to make the slight adjustments I needed for the perfect fit.

I hope to get some new sunglasses also.

Hope you have a great week!






No comments:

Post a Comment