Monday, April 20, 2020

Painted Books

I have said a couple of times that I wish I had stocked up on craft supplies.......while I was buying tuna I should have grabbed a little more paint and fabric.  But, fortunately, I had bought the supplies for this project quite a while back.

I have this little table at the end of our sofa


But I felt like the lamp needed a little lift

So I tried a couple of old textbooks we had


And we decided to paint them 

We are using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White


The second color is Cocoa


And I had some gilding wax in warm gold for the pages


We just used a foam brush and laid the book flat and went to town painting

We had to let the first coat dry and gave it a second coat


The paint covered up all the textbook cover writing so well


Once the cover was dry....maybe 30  minutes or so, we started painting the page edges with the gilding wax


In hindsight.....we should have painted the pages first.  So if you give this a go, you might reverse the order

And then.....we tried them out under the lamp


Aww....there you go, sweet lamp, now you can stand proud and tall on our new painted books.

I got all my Annie Sloan paints from Art & Soul on Whitesburg Drive.  They are still doing online ordering and curbside pickup.  I knew my project was small so I just bought a couple of sample pots and I had more than enough.  I could probably paint another 6-8 books.....and I might.

Super easy, quick project if you are looking for one.

I hope you have an absolutely wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment