Monday, April 13, 2020

Sour Dough - Update

I mentioned to you all a few weeks back that we began a sour dough starter


As a reminder we are following the instructions from Farmhouse on Boone.  We fed ours for 7 days.  So far we've made ourselves some super good pancakes

The batter is a little looser than normal batter so I found it challenging to get a perfectly round pancake.  But I have no problem at all with eating an odd shaped pancake.

We also made some nice rolls for Easter


She also has instructions for how you keep it going if you are not going to bake with it every day.  So ours has taken up residence in the fridge and we just feed it once a week.

I have not been to the grocery store but a couple of times.  I have not found yeast on either of those visits.  So this has been a nice way to allow us to do some baking.

I hope you are hanging in there and finding some joyful ways to pass the time.

Wishing you a wonderful week.

I will be back on Wednesday with the monthly gift guide!





No comments:

Post a Comment