Friday, April 24, 2020

What to Watch?

Anyone else struggling with finding quality television entertainment?  I have been taking suggestions from everyone, giving an episode or two a test drive and then deciding if I will go forward or not.

Here's a look at what I have enjoyed

www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/tvbanners/12759943/p12...

This is a British show on Amazon Prime.  It has a bit of Law and Order flair....but fair warning, one of the detectives is seriously lacking in moral judgment and the crimes they investigate are quite brutal.  Maybe a bit more graphic than Law and Order.  There were 5 seasons free on Amazon Prime and I devoured all 5 of them.  I do enjoy British TV.

I also thoroughly enjoyed
www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/tvbanners/18079641/p18...

I learned so much from this one.  I honestly had no idea about the origins of English football.  It was just one season and is on Netflix. I really enjoyed this one.

Then I watched

How 'Unorthodox' Captured One Woman's Flight From Hasidic Brooklyn ...

This is also on Netflix.  I really didn't know what to expect from it but it had memoir attached to it and you all know that draws me in.  It was quite interesting.  There are a few subtitles here and there.  That can sometimes be a deal breaker for me because I usually like to read OR watch TV.  I don't really enjoy reading my TV.  But it wasn't a constant thing so I stuck with it and I am so glad I did.

Another one from Amazon Prime
www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/v22vodart/16848332/p16...

Now the language in this one is beyond....well it's bad.  You've been warned.  Also, the main character is crude, lacking in moral judgment and just odd.  But I found myself cheering for her.  The world can be hard and tough, especially on those dealing with weight and self-esteem issues.  It was an interesting story and I enjoyed it.  I just cleansed my ears from all the language with a good episode of King of Queens.

And then I gave in and watched
Zoo and Aquarium Association Blasts 'Tiger King,' Everyone's ...


I couldn't help it.  Every time I turned on Netflix it was right there....so I clicked on it.  And then I could not look away.  I couldn't.  Oh my, oh me, oh me, oh my.

Now here are a few that I did not enjoy

www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/tvbanners/17057799/p17...

It is well written, the acting is good but I was on edge the whole time I was watching it.  I could never relax.  I was waiting on the next terrible thing to happen.  So I quit.  I made it through two episodes.  The rest of the family enjoyed it so they are finishing it.  It was just not my thing.

so then I tried
Image result for netflix northern rescue

This one had potential and I made it through 3 episodes.  I am not a Baldwin fan.  I usually try to avoid them but I tried to push through.  I thought I was going to make it but then the oldest daughter in the movie wore the most ridiculous shorts ALL the time.  I know.  I get annoyed by something as simple as that and just can't get past it.  Actually it was the Baldwin/short shorts combination that took me out.

This weekend I am going to try
www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/tvbanners/15558508/p15...

 
There's a few seasons so I am either going to be in for the long haul or out after about 3 episodes.  We will see how it goes.

If you have a good suggestion for me, please send it my way!

I hope you have a great weekend.





1 comment:

  1. Go back to All American. It gets better or bearable. I was the same way didn’t finish second episode the first time. Now I am waiting on the next season.

    ReplyDelete