Monday, April 27, 2020

Sweater Repair

Y'all I am literally FINDING things to do.  I mean it is challenging circling between my bedroom, the living room, and the kitchen.  On one of my passes through I passed a pile of items that all needed mending.  You know how you stack things that need buttons, socks that have holes or various other garment afflictions.....well maybe that's just me that has a pile like this.

So I mended a few socks and then took off on this gal..... this is my Halogen sweater from Nordstrom.  I love it.  I am still clueless as to how I got a hole in it.  I went to put it on one day and noticed this hole right in the front of the sweater


No one has admitted to it, but I am wondering if maybe someone borrowed it and had a little snag that they never mentioned.

So I did a little Pinteresting about visible mending and I took a shot at it

I started with two colors of embroidery floss: one very close to the sweater color and a light color


I  made several rows of  stitching with the lighter color, pulling the hole closed



Then I started with the red, but realized I needed a contrast color. I was tempted to go with black, but since I wear this with jeans a lot I went with blue


So I used the blue to do stitching in the opposite direction weaving it in and out of the cream stitches

And then I decided to add a yellow too


So then I repeated these same steps in other random spots on the sweater that didn't even have holes....you know to make it look like it was always supposed to be like this


I think it turned out fairly well


There you are....one favorite sweater saved to wear another day!

Hope you have a great week......hang in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment