Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Through the Generations - Installment 2 The Thirties

Thanks for coming back to hear from another remarkable young lady as we march through the decades gaining insights from each of these women

If you missed the first installment please check out
Erika - The Twenties

Now today a real treat for our thirties decade - Lindsay Jenson



Lindsay Jenson is 34 years old. Wife for 9.5 years. Mother to three boys (5y, 4y, 1y). Jesus lover. Could spend hours in the yard tending to plants. Former ballerina. Music makes her happy.
And now let's her from Lindsay in her words........
Who has been a big influence in your life?
My husband, Rob. He and I are complete opposites in every way, but he has made me a better person because of his love for the Lord. His generous nature made me more generous. His caring demeanor helped me learn to be more compassionate. He shows me the other side to everything.
If you could invite any 3 people to dinner who would they be and why?
My husband, Rob. My friend, Melissa. My brother-in-law, Derek.
These three are all very outgoing and would keep a conversation going for hours. And the conversation would be all over the place, with serious topics and funny banter. I could sit back, listen and laugh the whole time.

When you meet someone for the first time, what do you hope they will think of you?
That I am genuine, kind and welcoming. I want to provide the happy part of someone’s day.

What is your biggest challenge right now?
It’s not a challenge, but something I diligently work on… grow relationships. If I didn’t focus on it, life would overcome and it wouldn’t happen. I want to grow my relationship with my children and leave memories. I want to grow my relationships with friends to know I am always there, no matter the time since we last talked or the distance between us.
What is the one thing (besides your phone) that you usually take with you when you leave home?
My purse. It has many things inside: wallet, keys, pen, chapstick, extra paper to write notes, and a hair tie. And I have to save room so I can also cram whatever else everyone needs… “Mom, can you carry this?”

What is one of the best books you have ever read?
I am not much of a book reader, so I only remember the last few that I have read, but the last book I read was ‘Magnolia Story.’ I love the Gaines and their story and I thought I already knew everything about them, but this book went deeper and kept a smile on my face.
Now, if we talk about the BEST book, that is hands down, the Bible. The book is old, but relevant. It is a wealth of knowledge. You can read it over and over and learn something new each time.

What has been the key to success in maintaining lasting girlfriend relationships?
Make time.

What advice do you wish you could give to the women who are younger than you?
Don’t worry about what others are doing. Be yourself. Be happy with who you are and show it. It’s what you feel on the inside that matters most. Surround yourself with good people.

What dream are you still dreaming?
I’m living the dream! I have a husband who spoils me and three kids that love me. I’ll take whatever life throws at me as long as they are by my side.
 Thanks so much for joining us, Lindsay.  I am in awe of you having energy to work in the yard and raise 3 little boys!  I'm pretty sure I spent my thirties trying to nap whenever possible.  And just so you know, you are nailing your first meeting goal.  I felt we had been friends forever the first time I met you.  I so appreciate you and your sweet spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment