Monday, May 22, 2017

Welome to Monday

Oh, Monday, you have to be the speediest of days.  I mean you come faster than any other day of the week.  I had a fun, eventful weekend....... a high school graduation, a beautiful wedding and I met up with a new friend and got to spend a couple of hours learning about her and chatting.  And best of all our summer officially begins because both of my girls are officially done with their school years!!!  But I did also do a few intentional things this week.  Here is what I managed to get done.

I hope you are making some progress.  Only another week and a half.  Don't worry if you didn't hit every day, I think you can still maximize what's left and call it a success

Today I wanted to share the new recipe I tried.  It was actually one of my emeals recipes but I changed it up a bit.  If you missed the post on emeals, you can read it here.  Their recipe called for shrimp cooked in cumin.  Well only half of us like shrimp so I knew we would need a little change.  When I read the recipe it had the feeling of something you would get at Moe's Southwestern or Chipotle....so i took it that route.  The key to the recipe was this guy.

Birds Eye Protein Blend Southwest Style.  I found it at Kroger in the freezer section.

A delicious blend of whole grains, black beans, corn, lentils, red bell peppers, and sauce. Perfectly cooks in the bag!

So I took 3 large, boneless, skinless chicken breast and cut them into 2 inch pieces.  I then sprinkled them generously with a package of taco seasoning.  I heated olive oil in a skillet and cooked the chicken breast until done.

Then I microwaved the Birds Eye packages according to the directions.  It took 3 packages for our family of 6.

I then spooned the Birds Eye protein blend into 6 bowls and topped with the cooked chicken.  Each person then topped their bowl to their pleasing with Mexican cheese, sour cream, and salsa..  I am sure you could make them more elaborate by adding diced avocado or green onions.

These bowls were absolutely delicious.....so much so that I didn't snap a picture.

Chips and salsa would also make a great side with this.

Short simple, quick recipe that turned out great......you might want to give it a try.

Summary of all  you need to put this together:
3 chicken breasts
3 bags of Birds Eye Southwest Style Protein Blend
Taco Seasoning
Mexican Cheese
Sour Cream
Salsa
Any other desired toppings
Chips on the side if desired

Have a great week girls, don't forget we are back on Wednesday with the 40's representative in our Through the generations series.


Oh and  in the mean time check out LOFT.  They are having 40% off regular price and 50% off sale with FREE SHIPPING no minimum.  Sale ends Tuesday so don't delay!

2 comments:

  1. Loving your blog! I do something similar and it's great over salad greens too if you're trying to get more raw food into your diet.

    ReplyDelete