Monday, July 10, 2017

Pinned it.....Tried it

As you know we are gearing up for wrapping day around here.  On July 25th we will be having a Christmas gift wrapping marathon.  So I was perusing Pinterest for some fresh wrapping ideas.  I came across these letters made from book pages and thought I would give it a go.

I have purchased several letters over the years......wooden, metal, glass, fabric and have used those to identify the recipient of the gift.  So when I saw these letters that I could make myself, I was in.

First, I made a trip to the thrift store to buy a book that I wouldn't feel too terrible about tearing pages out of.  This took a little while because after all these letters were going on my gifts.....so I had to find something that didn't have curse words or overly described romantic scenes......that would not be good.

So I spent a whole $1.09 on this book

I am pretty sure this was some kid's summer reading assignment, so felt confident no one was going to be clamoring to read it again.  I basically wanted this size font so I would have room to get my letters cut out.

Then I bought this package of letters at the Dollar Tree to use as a stencil.


I then selected the letters most often used for gifts around my household.  If you don't see your letter here, don't you worry maybe I have a different wrapping in mind for you.


Then I traced the letters onto pages of the book.


And cut them out

Once I had them cut out, I took an ink pad and a little stamp I had called a damper and inked the edges of each letter.  I am sure you could use a foam brush or a piece of sponge if you don't have a little stamp like this.




I tried several colors but really liked the ink called Pumice Stone because I thought it gave a real antique look.

Here's how some of my letters turned out.



This was super quick.  I did about 30 letters in an hour. 

After the 25th I will show you exactly how I incorporated these into our Christmas wrapping.

If you want to make some yourself, let me know.  I am happy to give you some pages out of my book......no sense in everyone spending a dollar.

Talk to you on Wednesday!




No comments:

Post a Comment