Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well I am honored to be able to wish each of you an absolutely wonderful Valentine's Day!!!!  I hope it is a day where you not only feel loved and appreciated, but also have the opportunity to help someone else feel that way too.  Of course, that is one of my favorite parts of the day......sharing a few fun surprises here and there will be so much fun.

If you are looking for a few fun things to treat yourself or family with today.....

Papa Murphy's will be offering their heart shaped pizzas starting at $8 each.

Celebrate Love at 425° this Valentine’s Day with Papa Murphy’s HeartBaker® Pizza


And if you are not into baking your own pizza at home Papa John's is also making and offering heart shaped pies


And Pizza Hut will not be outdone.....


You have a lot of heart shaped pizza choices. Apparently pizza is the love language of lots of people.

Speaking of Pizza......that brings me to my Lent goal for this year.  Yes, as I mentioned on Monday this year Lent begins on Valentine's Day.  I always try to give something up and add something during Lent.

This year this is what I am adding

Yep, that is me at the gym.  I know.  Who am I?  I have to tell you I do not like exercising and probably the only thing I don't like more is going to the gym to exercise.  

Anyway, I hear people say "oh I have so much more energy"
Nope. Not me.
"I sleep so much better"
Uh, no not feeling that at all.
"I have a better day when I exercise"
Really?.....that's just weird.

It is just not my thing.  The only thing I like about it is the clothing.  I do like a cute pair of high waisted leggings and a fun top.  Now that I do like.

Regardless, I am trying to add some routine exercise in through Lent.  Wish me luck.  I am going to need it.

Now for what I am going to give up......hmmmm.....well this year I think I am going to give up French Fries......there I said it.  I am well aware that I am a grown woman who still eats enough french fries that they can actually be something I give up.  I am not ashamed.  It is who I am.  But I struggled with what to give up and last night I had McDonald's fries.  They were warm and perfectly salted.  I enjoyed them way too much......yes, it is a good item for me to give up.


Exercising AND giving up french fries......I may actually lose a pound.


So first have a great day and then think about how you might challenge yourself this season of Lent to make the great you even better.

Here is hoping you are living in the greatest love of all....

 "We love because He first loved us." ~ 1 John 4:19

Talk to you on Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment