Monday, August 13, 2018

A Day in my Life

I love when people document just a regular old day in their lives.  I think it is interesting and let's face it....I am a little nosey.  I wanted to share with you all a typical day but I was afraid I would cause multiple concussions when you all fell asleep reading it.  But Saturday, I thought what the hey, let's give it a try.   So today I am taking you with me start to finish on my Saturday......

First, it is time to get up

Saturday is typically laundry day.  So my first stop is to get a load started.  Personally, I enjoy doing laundry.  Mainly because it is the perfect multi-task chore.  I don't have to stand there and watch it.  I am not needed to ensure it goes well.  The machine does all the work as long as I keep it fed and I am on it.  
First load is in

Now on Friday as my husband was walking across the parking lot at work, he was gifted a big bag of tomatoes from one of his co-workers.
I got them all washed

And put them in boiling water to get them peeled


Once the skins popped, I scooped them out to cool.  While I was waiting for them to cool I got dressed for the gym.  If you missed my post on my new gym goings click here. By the time I was dressed, the tomatoes were cool enough to peel and get into quart freezer bags.  
Just like that we have fresh tomatoes ready to go into the freezer.


I will pull these out later and use them in soups, stews or spaghetti sauce.

But it is time to head to the gym for the 8:15 class


Believe it or not the 8:15 class is always packed.  Today was no exception.  It was a hard class and nothing I had on was dry when I left.  I crawled to the car and headed home.

I quickly changed out the washer/dryer and got another load of laundry going.  I grabbed a shower and sat down for some cheerios and devotion time.



I am a huge fan of the Jesus Calling Devotionals.  My friend, Rita, gifted me with this one that has a morning and evening reading. I love it!!!

Around 11:00 it was time to head to the grocery store.  We are splurging and doing a few restaurants for Restaurant Week so I didn't have a super huge amount of things to buy.

You all know how I listen to my audio book and enjoy a soda while I grocery shop, well the soda machine at Kroger has been out of order since the first of July.  I am beginning to think Kroger doesn't value their relationship with me.  I am giving it another week but we may be breaking up.  Publix has been whispering sweet nothings to me in the version of "Buy one get one" and functioning soda machines that just might win me over.

I headed home, put groceries away and we headed out for errands.  Our first stop was

I mailed a little gift to a favorite single lady to complete our Great Things in '18 Challenge for August.  I love doing these challenges and knowing someone has a fun package headed her way is super fun for me.  

Then we headed to 

I am in need (ok, maybe want) of a little cabinet in my kitchen.  I have had a Pottery Barn calendar (similar here) for years that we have had in the laundry room.  I want to move it to the kitchen, plus have a place to wrangle mail and other things that I want off my kitchen counters.

I will show what we found a little later

It was getting close to 1:30 and we were ready for a little snack.  We went through McDonald's and grabbed a few things to keep us going.....mainly this guy

since Kroger let me down earlier in the day. I really needed this Coke and honestly, this is why I was at the gym at 8:15.....so I could have this Coke. 
We were going to head home and try out the new cabinet but my phone alerted me that Vintage West was only 6 minutes away.......it is a little creepy that your phone learns your habits and reminds you of where to go.....but I just overlooked the creepiness and took it as a sign that I should indeed swing by.


I am so glad I did because I found this Irish Blessing napkin and had to have it


I just thought it was funny and it came home with me.  She had some beautiful new stuff in and if I had anywhere to put the prettiest white sectional sofa, I would have purchased it too.

Instead I took my cute new napkin and headed home to try out my new cabinet





Honestly, it is not EXACTLY what I had in mind, but I think it will work.  We are going to live with it here for a bit and see what happens.

Around 4:00 I changed clothes and headed off to a going away party for a sweet little girl headed to college

It was lots of fun and always sweet to see everyone coming together to love on a kid and wish them well.  After eating some of the best lasagna I have ever had with them, we jumped back in the car to head to another party about 45 minutes away


We knew we would miss the surprise part of it but we were looking forward to going and celebrating a special friend who is turning 50.....welcome to the club Stayce!!!

We laughed and enjoyed friends and fellowship and then headed home.

I did one more load of laundry, got a shower, checked out your days on Facebook and Instagram and finished the day with the evening version of Jesus Calling

where I was reminded that only God can complete us......and that was a great note to turn out the light and go to sleep.......good thing because it was

and we had to be at church the next morning at 7:45.

I hope you had a great weekend.

I will be back on Wednesday.....see you then!











No comments:

Post a Comment