Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Friend Yourself

Every now and then I have to pause and remind myself to ease up, cut myself some slack and just chill out.....

My friends say I am so positive
      - so why am I still agonizing about that personal failure from March

My friends say I am encouraging
     - so why am I cycling doom and gloom messages in my own head

My friends say I'm thoughtful
     - so why am I neglecting taking care of myself

My friends say I am generous
    - so why do I withhold so much from me

Every night I am quick to scan my social media - making sure my friends know I "like" their recipes, their craft projects, their vacation choices, their remodeling, their this, their that.....but I minimize so much of what I do, negate its contribution, blow off its importance.

Quite honestly, I would never say the things I say to myself to a friend.  I would never second guess a friend like I do myself.  I would never trivialize their efforts like I do my own.

I definitely need to "Friend" myself.  Maybe you need to become a friend to yourself too.

Go ahead - you are a great friend------now be one to yourself.

See you back on Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment