Friday, September 21, 2018

One Last Summer Treat

Sunday is the first day of fall.  Who's excited???? Me!!! Me!!! Me!!!! This is my favorite season.  I love the colors, the comfort, the apple goodies, the decor, the need for a sweater and a throw.  But before we jump headlong into the next season here is the perfect treat to say goodbye to summer and say "thanks for coming, we enjoyed you."

This is another recipe my Grandma Gracie shared with me.  I think you will love it.  A little warning - it needs time in the fridge so make it early in the day so you can enjoy it that night.  I used to make this before I went to my 8:00 college class so my roomies and I could enjoy it that evening.

Banana Split Pie

Here is what you will need


3-4 medium bananas
1 Graham cracker pie crust
3 oz. of cream cheese, softened
1 small can crushed pineapple, drained but reserve juice
1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
3 T. milk
1 cup Powdered sugar
12 oz. cool whip
maraschino cherries (optional)
chopped nuts (optional)
chocolate syrup (optional)

Mix milk, cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar.  Pour into pie crust.



Drain pineapple and reserve the juice, slice bananas and allow them to soak in pineapple juice to prevent browning.

Sprinkle crushed pineapple over filling.

Evenly spread sliced bananas over pineapple.


  Cover entire pie with whipped topping


Top with cherries, nuts and chocolate syrup


At my house some don't like nuts and others don't like chocolate syrup so we stop with the cherries.  But go for it all if you like it.

Chill this pie in the fridge 8 hours or overnight to allow the filling to set......then enjoy it as you say goodbye to summer and hello to fall.

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment