Monday, September 10, 2018

So good....I think I will stay

I love HGTV, DIY and other channels that are making a home more livable and beautiful.  I am always particularly amazed at the shows where a family wants to sell and move, BUT FIRST they must fix up the current house to get it on the market.  I always think well if the house had been like the designer left it, the family probably would never have wanted to sell........which always makes me think - what can I do differently in my current home to make it more livable and beautiful.  So I have a couple of projects going, but here is just a quick reorganization one to share with you today......and I am opening up cabinets for you.  Yep, that is just how close we have all gotten here.  I am swinging open cabinet doors.......I am sure you are not going to harshly judge me....right???....you aren't are you????....ok, well let's just go for it.

My kitchen
Now, yes, I have some real changes I want to make in here.  Changes that cost lots of $$$'s, but while I am saving for that I am going to do a little shuffling about, reorganizing and we will see how this works out.

Remember the new cabinet I purchased a few weeks ago

Well turns out it is the perfect place to store all of our cloth napkins.  So I moved those from this cabinet to the new cabinet


and now I have all my napkins within easy reach




Which left me with all kinds of space in this upper cabinet.  So I moved some random small appliances which I had previously housed in my pantry to this cabinet


Which allowed me tons more room in the pantry and more sensible organization there

Now that I have made these minor little changes I am wondering what took me so long to do this.  Take a peek in one cabinet that drives you crazy, make a few minor adjustments and you may find yourself with an end result that makes life a little easier.

It is good to take a look around and see how you can make what you already have work better for you.

Thanks for joining me for the kitchen cabinet shuffle.  Talk to you on Wednesday!





No comments:

Post a Comment