Thursday, September 27, 2018

Skip Day - Mama Style

Ok so I have been thinking about this for awhile.  What would it be like to have myself a little skip day? Like a WHOLE day not just a couple of hours, not an afternoon but a whole day.  Sounds kind of delicious doesn't it?

So I started planning this out in my head.  If I am going to do a skip day it can't be a day where I have obligations, that would make me feel guilty and unable to enjoy the day.  It really doesn't work for  me on the weekend because everyone else is home and people need me for stuff.....you know .....stuff.  So I looked at my work calendar and chose a day that I could easily get my obligations covered.  Now should you decide to have your own skip day, you will have to pick a day that works best for you.

Secondly, I knew people would be relying on me for dinner so I loaded up the crock pot the night before so all I had to do was plug it in on my way out the door for SKIP DAY!!!!

This is my friend Jennifer's recipe.  It is 2 pounds of pinto beans, 2 pounds of smoked sausage, chopped onion, chopped green pepper, salt, pepper and cover with water. Put it on low and let it go.

I took a few pictures along the way.....because what  is a skip day without your blog friends

My first stop was Edgars Bakery for breakfast


and as I was on my way to my second stop......the Hot Sign was on so.....this happened


To my credit though, I only bought one.

Then I went to Terrame Spa for a one hour Swedish massage

I grabbed a picture in my soft and comfy robe.  The massage was a gift my mom had given me a few months ago and it was great to get to cash it in.

And then I went retail.  My first stop was Marshalls.  I can't show you everything I bought because I did get a gift or two but I did get this cute vest and plaid top


And this sweater and polka dot top

The most expensive thing I bought was $29.99 so I got some good deals.

I then popped into Pier 1 because I always enjoy them but I forget to go there so today was a good day.  It was pouring rain and they were having some serious ceiling leaks but I am a professional shopper and can deal with obstacles.  If you need an advent calendar for this season, check this one out


I popped into Target for some essentials like laundry supplies, nail polish and shipping supplies but I snagged this soft top in the prettiest dusty red top that I think will look great with denim



I was going to sit down for lunch but I decided to eat in the car and keep it moving.  I grabbed one of my favorite on the road meals


I then went to Ross because they are another store that I forget about. And they are one of those stores that you need time to sift through racks and I happened to have a little time today

Here I grabbed a new welcome mat for the front porch for fall


I also got a couple of flannel shirts for under $12, some candles and really cute formals that we don't need but I couldn't resist the price.  

From there I headed to TJ Maxx where I grabbed a new wreath for the front door


I also got one more top and a fabulous Christmas gift that I can't show you because it is for one of you.....I know....I wish I could show you but I just can't.  But trust me, go to TJ Maxx and do some Christmas shopping.


Then I headed home to enjoy the dinner that had been cooking all day.

I highly recommend a good skip day.  It was very therapeutic.

Oh and don't forget, just a few more days to honor that college student in our Great Things in '18 Challenge.

Have a wonderful weekend.  See you back on Monday.













No comments:

Post a Comment