Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Calendars and Kleenex

I need you to grab two things - your calendars and your Kleenex

Because

It is the 30th anniversary and they are back

Julia Roberts, Sally Field, Daryl Hannah, Shirley MacLaine, and Dolly Parton in Steel Magnolias (1989)


Steel Magnolias is truly one of my favorite movies.  I can't watch it enough.  If I am flipping channels and run into it, my family will just get up and go elsewhere because they know I can't turn away from it.

Well on May 19th, 21st and 22nd they are back in theaters.  You absolutely have to mark your calendars and plan on seeing this with a group of good friends.

To find when and where it is showing near you click here and just enter your zip code.

Dolly/Truvy is my favorite in this movie.  She delivers the one liners like a pro....and there are lots of good one liners in this movie.

My absolute favorite scene is the Christmas Party when the pregnancy is announced and all of the friends gather around M'Lynn.  
Image result for steel magnolias images

That is what this movie is all about to me.....friends in good times .......friends in hard times.....friends in every time in between.

Grab some of your besties and plan this outing!  I totally think it should be a dress up event, big hair and all.

You could all dress up as the salon scene
Image result for steel magnolias images

The wedding scene
Image result for steel magnolias images

The wedding shower scene
Image result for steel magnolias images

These high waisted jeans have actually come back in style so the options are limitless.


25 Tearjerker Movies That Have Broken Our Hearts




I am totally excited about this.  Maybe I will see you in the theater!

No comments:

Post a Comment