Monday, March 18, 2019

What the world needs now.....

If you read the title of this post and finished by singing..... is love sweet love, I can't blame you.  That is a catchy song.  And I agree the world could totally use love, but I have a few other things that I think the world could use

1)

 Image result for name tag image

I wish I had a penny for every minute I have spent trying to remember someone's name.  The problem I have is I associate people with the place or situation from which I know them.  Every now and then someone I know very well is just in the wrong place.  If I know you from Church, I may not recall your name if I see you in the grocery store.  Likewise, Publix cashier, I may not recognize you when I am having dinner at Five Guys.  So if we could all just wear a constant name tag it sure would make things easier.

2) Book Ratings

Image result for parental ratings images



Why can't I have a little insight into whether Winter in Lansing is about a family who is lost in a snow storm when they take a wrong turn OR a prostitute named Winter establishing a brothel in Lansing.  Oh, and I just totally made up that title.  Please don't go on Amazon trying to order it. But you see what I mean.  There is just no way to tell.  And I think some books, like cigarettes and alcohol, should not be sold to underage kids.  Honestly, some books should not be sold to 50 year old women who prefer a little less profanity and a little more developed plot.

3) Dress vs. Shirt

Do you all remember signs like this?
Image result for this tall to ride sign

You know how we all had to shimmy up to these signs to see if we could go on some torturous ride at a fair or amusement park.  Well I think we still needs signs like this but with a little modification.

The sign should now read  - "If you are this tall, this is a shirt NOT a dress"

I see a lot of people walking around in dresses which I really think are shirts.  You guys know what I mean.  I am always in the store going is this a dress?  Or is this a shirt?  If there were a little sign people could stand next to, maybe it would help these poor misguided dears to stop wearing shirts as dresses.....and personally I think society as a whole would be thankful.

Now I agree the world could also use love so enjoy the video before you go


Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment