Monday, July 29, 2019

It's a Wrap

Normally every July 25th we spend the day pulling out our Christmas stash and wrap everything in preparation for the Christmas holidays.  Because of schedule conflicts we couldn't swing the 25th this year, but we set aside Saturday and did our thing.

First things first...make if feel like Christmas

Our house is just a colder house so when we crank the air down.....it really does feel like winter.

Next we got the Bath and Body Balsam candle going


Then it was time to focus on food.

Kelsey got up and made Joanna Gaines' orange cinnamon rolls and they were delicious.



While she was working on breakfast I got lunch started.  That's two pounds of red beans with garlic, green bell pepper, onion, a smoked turkey leg, smoked sausage and lots of good seasonings.  Knowing we had red beans and rice coming for lunch gave us something to look forward to.


Of course, we had to pull out some other snacks because grazing and wrapping go hand in hand......those are one of the most underrated snacks - Bugles, our go to Chessman cookies and a Smores mix I found in the grocery store


If you like the graham cracker, marshmallow, chocolate combination.....give these a try

Here's a close up of the package




I found it at Kroger on the peanut/popcorn aisle.

We pulled out everything and wrapped until around 5:30.  We watched 3 Christmas movies, a little food network and a smidge of QVC.  

It was a great festive day.  Look, I know it is a lot to start thinking of Christmas this early, but come October/November  when everything starts getting hectic we will be super glad everything is wrapped and ready.

Here's a look at some of the finished product

Jansyn once again graced our packages with her beautiful hand lettering 

Every year I try to get smarter.  So this year I got special paper for the gifts that are leaving my house.  I always do the brown craft paper for our presents. Now with the other paper it will just make it quicker to sort things when the time comes.  I also did a pink sticky note for each gift to remind me of its contents.  

I keep everything I buy listed in a little notebook from May Designs.  But when it comes time to actually give the gifts I sometimes like to tie a couple together and make little bundles so it will help to remember what is in every exact box.

We had a great day and felt like we got a good start on this Holiday season, it is never too early to start getting ready!

Make it a great week and start Christmas shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment