Wednesday, July 3, 2019

The Trunk Club

My crush on Nordstrom is no secret.  I gush here on the regular about them.  What can I say?  They've earned it.  Well you also know I love a good subscription service.  I have subscribed to monthly boxes of snacks, clothing, makeup.......you name it.  Well now two of my loves have come together.  Nordstrom is running a personal shopping service called The Trunk Club. Nordstrom says it is not a subscription service and technically they are correct.  But it is a fun box that comes in the mail so let's just go with it.

Here is how it works.  I logged on to the The Trunk Club site, created a user name and password and then they gave me a style quiz.  They had sample outfits put together and I had to indicate if I liked them or not.  Then they asked me preference questions.....what colors I liked, did I wear businessy stuff, athleisure, casual? What type shoes I likes including heel height.  It was a fun little easy quiz. They do both men and women's trunks.  You are paired with a stylist.  They take all your information and build you a trunk with items they think you will like.  The styling fee is $25 UNLESS you have a Nordstrom credit card.  If you are a cardholder the styling fee is FREE!  And of course since it is Nordstrom affiliated, the shipping is free too. Even if you do not use a Nordstrom Card the $25 styling fee is credited toward any of the items you keep from the trunk.

You can get a trunk as often as you like.  You can set up for monthly, quarterly or any interval you choose.  You can even request a trunk if you are preparing for a big trip or other special event.  How fun is that?

So once I completed my preference quiz I received an email with my trunk items detailed.  I was able to click on any items I did not like or did not want shipped to me.  For instance, there was a pair of black pants suggested for me and we all know the last thing I need is another pair of black pants so I just declined those.  They also had alternate items for me to add to the trunk if I wanted.  There were several accessories including sunglasses for me to choose from.

Once I approved the trunk, it shipped and I waited anxiously to receive it.

Here is what is looked like when it arrived.




And here is what it looked like all packaged up


Here's a look at all the great contents




And I got an email with outfit suggestions.  So I could try on everything, mix and match the pieces and then decide what to keep.  Did I mention you don't pay for any of this until you receive it, try it on and decide what  you want to  keep.  You get five calendar days to make your selections.

Do you want to see how all my things came together......oh good......because I really want to show you.  Now I'll just warn you, the model is not very good but she works cheap......so there's that. I have also included links to all of the items in case they are of interest to you.

Here is outfit number one: Navy J. Crew Pants, Grey Vince Camuto Tee, Bar Necklace, Kate Spade Earrings, Madewell Ballet Flats, Madewell Tote







I loved these pants.  The fabric is so nice and the fit is great.  The Tee is super soft.  I would never have ordered this on my own, but I loved it.  The necklace is cute.  Simple bar necklaces are in and this one is adjustable to three lengths.  At first I thought the earrings were huge but the longer I kept them on the more I liked them.  And the tote.....y'all I am in love with the Madewell Tote.

Here is outfit number two: The floral flowy dress by Eliza J.  I loved the color.  I loved the pattern.  I don't have a lot of narrow things left on my body but my shoulders are very narrow.  This turned out to be a little large in the shoulders and just kept sliding about.  But if you have shoulders. this is a beautiful dress.



Outfit number three: A floral midi skirt by Halogen with a tie back top. Don't hate me....I am weird about clothes with cut outs.  I like them on other people.  I really do.  But for some reason I never feel like I can pull it off.  But I thought these pieces were nice and they were actually two of the more moderately priced pieces.



Outfit number four:
Khaki pants by 1901.  These are a four way stretch pant.  So they are designed to be fitted. I liked these and thought they were worth the price. I am wearing them here with the same top from above.




Outfit number five:
I loved this black and white top.  I know that is not a surprise to most of you.  The fabric is really nice and it was super comfortable.  It is also by Vince Camuto.



The grey cardigan was also super soft and you know how much I love a good cardigan



In the end I kept six items.  These are the items I kept along with the sizes I am wearing for reference
1) Madewell Tote (one size)
2) Vince Camuto Grey Tee (small)
3) Vince Camuto Black/White Check top (small)
4) Kate Spade Silver hoops (one size)
5) J. Crew navy pant (8P)
6) Gibson Grey Cardigan (small)

Which meant I was returning 6 items.  All I had to do was log into my Trunk Club account, select the pieces I wanted to keep and pay for those.  The others I indicated I would return.  They sent me this return label.....with two strips of tape to close the box.


 I just put my return items back in the box, secured the label, taped the box and dropped it at the UPS store.  You can also get free UPS pick up if you want but I found it easier to drop it off.

This was super fun. I can't wait for the next box.  If you try out The Trunk Club, let me know how you like your items.

I am not scheduled to get another box for three months.  I think it will be good to get a trunk at the beginning of each season as a little closet boost.  However, I may request one before then if I really get the urge.

Thanks, Nordstrom, for another great service!

Update: Alexandria, the sweet stylist who put my trunk together, read the blog post today and reminded me to share with you my referral link.  You can use it if you decide to try out a trunk yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment