Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Bucket list - update

Remember when I posted about my summer bucket list.....it is ok if you don't.  I don't remember some of the things I talk about either.  If you need a refresher the whole post can be found here.  But no need because in a nutshell here is what I put on my summer bucket list

1) Take a chalk painting class
Annie Sloan_Antibes_OpenLid

I've done a little with chalk paint.  I own chalk paint.  I am going to figure out some fun things to do with it.....and officially take the class.


2) Work on my hand lettering
These free printable hand lettering practice sheets are designed help you practice the strokes of each letter to build up that muscle memory.

I took a class in this.  It did not come natural to me.  But I feel like with some practice I just might be able to master it or at least be decent at it.

3) Get my closet life together (flooring, reorganizing, purging)
WALK-IN CLOSET ático MD, decoración, ideas para la casa, myhome, On top - Macarena Gea
Not my actual closet but a good inspirational picture.  We bought new flooring for our closets a year ago.  Correct...ONE....YEAR....AGO....it is time for some installation to happen.

4) Get my storage container life together ( y'all this one cabinet - OUT OF CONTROL!!!)
Why can't you ever seem to find a lid and bottom that fit when you need to? Oh, that's because your cabinet looks a little something like this.    - HouseBeautiful.com
Not my actual cabinet.....but close....super close.  Are plastic containers rapid procreators....what happens when I close that cabinet door?  I don't know, but some of them are going to have to go.  And the next person at my house who washes out a sour cream container to keep is going into timeout.

5) Learn how to use my serger.  Half of you are wondering what this is?  Just a magical seam finishing sewing machine.  I plan on serging some stuff this summer.
Image result for serger images

Any idea how many napkins I can make with a functioning serger.....tons....and then some.


6) I hate to even say this but - exercise
Image result for exercise meme

Now here is my update:

1) My friend, Jennifer, said she is going to teach me to chalk paint so no need for me to take a formal class....well ok then.....now we just have to find time to do it.

2) Yesterday's post shows you how I am trying to practice my hand lettering.

3) I am making some serious progress on the closet front.  I have had four vendors come out and measure and price some custom built ins......the designs are looking good.  The cost, well that's another story.  But I have narrowed it down to two that are very close in cost so I just have to make the decision and get on their schedule......stay tuned.  I doubt I will get it all done before summer is officially over but I am happy with the promise of what's to come.

4) I am declaring my storage container life back in order.  The cabinet is orderly and most importantly has been in order for at least a month now.  I think that is the real test.  If we can pull things in and out, load and unload the dishwasher and the cabinet stay orderly.....we have the right pieces doing the right things.  Declaring this one DONE!

5) Ok, me and my serger were stressing each other out.  Oh my!  It probably would have helped if I had any idea at all what I was doing.  I literally guessed at my fabric and thread.  I then watched a series of YouTube videos to figure out how to thread the thing and get all the tensions set correctly.  Honestly, I worked on it over 4 hours one afternoon and got NOTHING accomplished.  So I took a little break....like a week and a half and tried again.  This time was successful.  I made napkins for a baby shower I was helping host for our sweet friend Katy.



They turned out so cute.  I am counting my serging DONE!

The last thing I had on my list was 

6) Exercising - I have two words for this one.  I Quit!  Wait....that's not right because I didn't even start.  So let's just say this one is not going to happen.  Maybe I can move this to my Winter bucket list.  Yes, that is a good idea.  I am sure I will feel more like working out in the Winter.

What are you doing this summer?

Whatever it is......just enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment